Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 2 discussion
  • grum
    Free Member

It’s still decent but I’m not enjoying it half as much as the first series.

Is that because with this one I’ve read the book first? They seem to have gone a bit mental with the changes to the book this time, whereas the first series was really close. Some of the changes make sense but some of them just seem a bit like they changed things for the sake of it. Trying hard to just enjoy it for what it is and not be constantly comparing it to the book.

Also I find Theon slightly annoying/not a great actor and he has a bigger role.

chojin
    Free Member

Well, i’m enjoying it for what it’s worth. I haven’t read the 2nd book though…

grum
    Free Member

Yeah this is what I’m wondering I suppose – if others who have read the second book feel the same way as me. Sort of wish I hadn’t read the books now….

Danny79
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat as you grum read the books after enjoying the first series, I’m enjoying the second series but finding changes frustrating so enjoyment is lessened. Most of the changes appear to be about scaling everything back to match the budget which is fair enough but can lead to characters coming across looking stupid.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

chojin +1
    I haven’t read them either

JEngledow
    Free Member

I generally find that if you watch the film then read the book they are both still great, but if you read the book and then watch the film the film never meets with your expectations and should be avoided! (this is a general rule applied to all books / films and not just Game of Thrones)

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 to JEngledow

Haven’t read the books and think series 2 is just as good.

grum
    Free Member

OK can anyone tell me how to go back and unread the books please?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Either beer or a blunt object smashed against the temple may work*

*This is by no means advise and I take no liability for your liver damage, brain damage, death, etc!

anagallis_arvensis

I havent read the books and am enjoying the series, but I think I would prefer to wait and watch it from the box set in quicker order than 1 episode a week as I did with the first series.

Northwind

grum – Member

Knitting needle up nose.

Originally when I heard about deviations from the books I was concerned; but then I thought that really the later books could also do with some deviations from the books.

anagallis_arvensis

Can anyone explain to me how after Theon got bumped on the head and Starks men were surrounding winterfell it managed to get burnt down?

jmason
    Free Member

Can anyone explain to me how after Theon got bumped on the head and Starks men were surrounding winterfell it managed to get burnt down?

Wondered this myself tbh. Can anyone who’s read the books shed some light ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m a HBO fan but not a fantasy/LOTR etc type fan – will I like this?

jmason
    Free Member

Tis HBO at its finest

sweaman2
    Free Member

I think (and this is based on discussion with my wife how has read the book while I just watched the series) that in the book there is a bit more of a fight and Theons men basically sack Winterfell using the ensuing confusion to escape… but I’ve not read the book.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 2 discussion’ is closed to new replies.