Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • G2 geometry forks
  • ceejay64
    Free Member

I want to upgrade the Rockshox recon 29er forks,but they have g2 geometry does anyone know where or who sells these type of forks?
    Thanks

Pyro

They’re few and far between. In theory you can get RockShox and Fox G2 forks and crowns, but I was buggered if I could find any aftermarket. The only difference is in the crown offset though (52mm in the G2), so I went for a set of Manitou Tower Pro’s, which are 48mm offset anyway. That’s on a Marlin frame and feels great.

singlespeedstu

Rockshox do a 51mm offset Pike and Fox 34 29ers are also 51mm offset.

ceejay64
    Free Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I have a Trek 29er so i am wanting to stay at about 100mm of travel.

nbt

anyone know of any 26er foirls with a large offset? My g2 forks are dead on my Gary Fisher Roscoe. I can get a new G2 CSU fitted for about £300 all in but it might be cheaper to get new forks

khani
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get hung up on it, I run a Trek Xcal with a standard Fox f29 and a mate runs a GF Xcal with a standard Reba 29er fork, both 100mm and they both ride fine..
    Modern 29er forks have increased offset anyway so there’s only a few mm difference nowadays.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘G2 geometry forks’ is closed to new replies.