Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Funky New (edit maybe not so new, we done this yet?) Strava/Stalka Fly By's
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#276249077,rCtlEG15ZRDxi2UQXKRlEBj4ZRDsRmcQyddsEMp4bhBIfm4QKYFuEEVabxB9fG8Q/JlvEBL+dBAhK3UQyzN2EKlU3hCqVN4Q
    From a 24hr race I did, tick as many riders as you want and even stranger show up! So if you bumped into someone while out riding you can now stalk them 😆

welshfarmer

Been using it for a few months to analyse our MTB orienteering events. Always great to see the different options and routes taken by others.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s been there ages. Quite interesting.

stumpy01

Noticed this, this morning.
    It’s quite amusing watching other people bumbling around in your vicinity but I am not sure what the point of it is? I guess you could perhaps ‘follow’ people who you notice are regulars on local rides, but they’d only show up if they were out at the same time as you.

Would be interesting to see how it coped with an event like a sportive or a large lapped 24hr event. I wonder if there’s a max of people you can tick and get traces from?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

It can be quite crushing to use it to view a race, particularly when zoomed in and getting to relive the elastic stretching then eventually snapping!

legolam
    Free Member

It’s been around for a while as a separate beta feature, but now there’s a link on everyone’s ride (not just your own) to view “flybys”. I use it to stalk people on my commute and freak them out by commenting on their ride 😈

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Would be interesting to see how it coped with an event like a sportive or a large lapped 24hr event.

Click the link I posted, it was a 24hr event first 2 laps.

mrchrispy

also just noticed this….very funky

chrispy likes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Funky New (edit maybe not so new, we done this yet?) Strava/Stalka Fly By's’ is closed to new replies.