Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Full sus and one piece gear outers.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Any reason why not.?

mikey74
    Free Member

I have full length outers on my Banshee: No problems whatsoever, as long as you have the guides for it.

neninja
    Free Member

Run full length outers on my Helius with XTR inners – sweetest shifting I’ve had on any bike.

PTR
    Free Member

Goretex cables?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Shimano SP41 with XTR inners on my Helius too, awesome.

Saying that it was awesome on my previous Helius with non-full lenght and XTR inners, I reckon there’s something in that 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

Why do you need the guides?

Cable ties do the job as well if needed.

Duffer
    Free Member

Spesh Pitch, Full length cables. Honestly, i’d be put off buying a bike without them.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cove Gspot, Hustler and Std, full length outers. If you don’t have the guides you can just drill them out, or file them, it’s very easy.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I used to be into full length outers (FS & HT), but lately I’ve begun to appreciate the open cable type, as it allows easy lubing.

Simply pop the outer out of the stop, slide the end cap down the cable, rub a bit of oil on the inner, and slide the outer up and down the inner a few times. Then pop it all back together.

Takes 30 seconds, and you will always have smooth well lubed rust free cables.

It’s lack of lubing/maintenance that causes problems and this makes it easy to keep on top.

Saves the weight of that section of cable too 😉 ahem

Junkyard
    Free Member

no and if you want to lube them you can use these from Middleburn cable oilers in the run.
    I have open and full runs on different bikes neither is maintenance free but full length is less but more hassle when needed. WIll be fitting the above when I change cables.

Wookster

Yes full length of my five and epic wouldn’t be with out them now just great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Full sus and one piece gear outers.?’ is closed to new replies.