• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FSA Orbit Xtreme – Any experiences?
  • hora
    Free Member

Seen a small handful of reviews on MTBR but apart from that narda.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Yep had one.
    Lasted exactly 1 month beyond its 10 year warranty 🙂

Still, 10 years for a £50 headset isn’t bad at all. And it shows efficient design!

MadPierre

Yep. Does the job and lasts

aa
    Free Member

yup, had a 1″ one on my bontrager for about 7/8 years. Been perfect.

PTR
    Free Member

Have an XL11, it’s been going for 10 years so far.

kaiser
    Free Member

beware ..it seems a lot of the ones for sale ( like the ones On One were selling a year or 2 ago are missing the correct seals . I contacted them about it ..they denied it …then after insisting they admitted there was a problem. Unfortunately the guy I spoke to was murdered a while back 🙁 ( no joke )

mildred

I had on that was ok, but not really any better than my XLII. Beware of cheap ones on EBay; I got one a few years back and it was a fake.

al2000

As above, reliable and long lasting.

muscleburn
    Free Member

I have one on my Blue Pig and so far so good. I have to admit it is less than a year old but it’s smooth, robust and seems to be well sealed. I will post up again in 10 years time and let you know how I am getting on with it!

motivforz
    Free Member

*Apologies for hijack*
    Are there any cheaper alternatives for a cartridge bearing headset? I’d like to buy a couple so I have the same crown race and can swap forks without the faff, and see it as an opportunity to go to cartridge rather than caged bearings. They appear to be similar in rrp to hope and others.

DrP

Hora, I’ve had them for years and they are brill. I fact, I’ve got an xtreme pro for sale that has been used for 1 ride (seriously!) for £30.
    I was looking for the creak in my frame, so swapped out the headset, the realised the frame was cracked!!
    Only rode the fod endure on it, then new frame takes integrated!!!

£30 posted for a 50-80 quid headset – bargain!,

DrP

DrP

Also got the lower cup and bearings from the old one too I’d chuck in.

DrP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FSA Orbit Xtreme – Any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.