• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by awh.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FSA headset bearings
  • awh
    Free Member

I have a 2006 Giant Reign 2 with an FSA headset. The bottom set of cartridge bearings are knackered and need replacing. The only info. I can see on the headset is FSA, ACB and 45deg, no model name. There only seams to be one type of replacement bearing available for FSA headsets, which I ordered but it's too big. Any ideas, or is it new headset time?!

mtbfix

From the dealer site –

1. What kind of headset is used on mountain bike ranges such as the XtC, NRS, VT & all Maestro models?
    -It is a semi-integrated/ zero stack headset 1 1/8 (key dimensions are the internal headtube diameter , 44mm, and cup depth which can be no more than 11mm).
    -Both Cane Creek and F.S.A. manufacture this style of headset.
    -The code to order one from Giant is 131-TH9CC01-5.
    -Other models available. Please call Warranty for information and costs.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I can help you here

I had a 2006 Trance and the headset bearings were shot, so I tried a Superster semi intergrated headset

The bearings fitted the original cups a beaut they were the same bearings complete headset £15 and all the races went in the bin because only the bearings were used

awh
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. I phoned Giant and I need a trip to my LBS to get them to order me some from Windwave.
    Superstar are out of headsets.

tinsy
    Free Member

funny enough AWH in my box of stuff, I got a brand new semi integrated FSA headset I bought by mistake from CRC, too late to send it back would £12 posted be any good to you? think it was 20+ from CRC..

edit… will bring to work anyhow tomorrow, there seems quite a choice on CRC I dont know what I have to be honest..

awh
    Free Member

Tinsy – I might be interested in the headset. The replacement bearing that didn't fit wasfrom CRC, it looked like there was one type that fitted all FSA headset but obvious not. It would be easiest if I just put in some new bearings, Giant said I need the bearings that fit an Orbit ZS-3 here. Let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FSA headset bearings’ is closed to new replies.