Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Front tyre Recomedations UST (Sorry)
  • Dino
    Free Member

Hi,
    Currently run a Conti R.Q 2.2 ust front tyre and although the grip level is fine,rolling along etc, mild cornering .. its bit sketchy and unpredictable when cornering hard when the bike leaned over a tad, bearing in mind the current dryish trial conditions.
    The R.Q’s are the non chilli compound as they were not available when i purchased the tyres. I have used High rollers before but before i go and buy some:
    1. worth tyring a chilli compund version or
    2. Buy a high roller
    Any other other options i should consider guys
    thank you 😛

br
    Free Member

I’m running an Ardent tubeless at the moment, works well

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Really disliked high rollers, mega draggy and pretty crap in the mud and wet……

Disliked nobby nice too, wear far to easily, very thin sidewalls and the grip in wet is generally poor

I have since gone back to maxxis and got an 2.35 ignitor upfront in ust and its mint, plenty of grip on roots, the wet and mud and pretty quick….that paired with a crossmark 2.25 uston the back seems a winning formula….both went on with a track pump too,brilliant!

Dino
    Free Member

yep used ignitors in the past on more of an xc bike i have, seem a bit similar to the Rubber queens i have on my more all mountain build, sort of wondering if i tend to like a tyre with more of a definative edge to it rather than a rounded profile if you catch my drift

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Front tyre Recomedations UST (Sorry)’ is closed to new replies.