Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • From SORN to taxed?
  • Milkie
    Free Member

I’m putting my Mondeo back on the road..

It’s SORN at the moment, and will have passed the MOT by Wednesday!

How do go about getting tax for it, as its declared SORN at the moment.

Smee
    Free Member

Take the reg document, insurance and mot to the post office and do it there.

freddyg
    Free Member
    deft
    Free Member

Do it at the post office, takes about a minute and earns them some money

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

IIRC, if it’s SORN you need the SORN document at the post office.
    Might be talking rubbish though

freddyg
    Free Member

IIRC, if it’s SORN you need the SORN document at the post office.
    Might be talking rubbish though

Not anymore, it can be done online.

Deft has made a good point though.

takisawa2

And I don’t think it can be done until the last day of the month or you’ll pay for the previous months tax. Took mine off the road last summer & will likely do the same this summer.

jimster
    Free Member

Take the Registration Document, MOT and insurance cert to the Post Office, they read the bar code on Registration Document and issue the tax disc there and then. And you do your bit for the local Post Office.

IIRC the earliest you can get a new disc is 5 days before the end of the month.

jon1973
    Free Member

IIRC the earliest you can get a new disc is 5 days before the end of the month.

If your tax is due to run out at the end of the month, you can renew it from the fifth day of the month.

white101

I have a car on my drive with no mot and no tax (sorn) its not insured as I’m using my company car. Can I drive it to a garage get it mot’d and then get it taxed and sell it? When do you get an arse kicking first, no tax, no mot, no insurance? I’m guessing insurance is a must but can you drive on the roads without tax to get the mot done? its a bit of a catch 22.
    I’ve no luck whatsoever and would doubtless be pulled over 150yards down my street.

Stu_N

white101, insurance is a must – doesn’t necessarily have to be a policy for that car, a lot of policies cover you to drive another vehicle 3rd party only. If you check your policy for the company car you might be in luck though obviously if you bend it you still need to fix your own!

You can drive to a pre-booked MOT appointment without a current MOT, I suppose you should must be able to do so without tax as well as you can’t get a tax disc without an MOT.

DISCLAIMER: “Some bloke on the internet said I could do it, your honour” is not currently an acceptable defence in a court of law.

white101

cheers stu

Milkie
    Free Member

That’s right. The only time you are covered to drive your car without tax and MOT is when you are driving to a pre-brooked MOT.. I think..

Doh!! Can’t find my logbook!! Posted the V62 for a new logbook today..

Eagerly awaiting the V6 power! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘From SORN to taxed?’ is closed to new replies.