Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Friday night food & drink….and then a problem
  • Tinners

OK, so the saddleback "organic" pigs down at the local farm shop have gone off to slaughter and returned in vacuum packed bags. Lovely. Wife asks birthday boy what he'd like for tea tonight and I plump for chinese roast belly pork with pak choi a la Rick Stein. Been looking forward to it all week. Succulent meat. Crunchy crackling. Cold beer, beading condensation down the glass – what could be better? Well, things took a turn for the worse last night. I notice a slab of belly pork in the kitchen waiting to be marinaded and then I spot it. If I'm not mistaken, a row of 5 nipples on the joint. Now call me old fashioned, but I wasn't inclined to hop into the sty and get my laughing gear around the sow's lactating bits when she was down the farm, and certainly no less inclined after it'd been roasted at regulo 9 for 40 minutes. So what do I do now? MTFU and chew away or politely decline? STW please help me out. In the meantime I will pour a cold beer……

Tinners

Dammit. Meant to post under "chat" not "bike". Many apologies.

brakes
    Free Member

nipplicious

Stu_N

MTFU

Meat comes from animals (and bt the sounds of things these were probably pretty happy ones). Animals have hair, nipples, grizzly bits and everything. That's life. Cut the nips off if it bothers you that much, otherwise chow down and get on with it.

finners

MTFU AND EAT IT!!!!! i think i have air my feeling about it enough there. enjoy!! 🙂

curtisthecat
    Free Member

mmmmmm……..Chinese nipples

petrieboy

Many years ago I opened a can of corned beef to find a whole eyelid complete with eyelashes winking at me – have to admit it sort of put me off!!

LeeW

You could cut one out and pretend to be Scaramanga(sp?) all weekend.

Tinners

Yeah, but on a pig? I don't think so. I remember getting the same feeling when eating a roulade in a fancy French bistro that bore an uncanny resemblance to a cross section of seminiferous tubule (Google it). I remember stopping chewing at the precise moment that the penny dropped and the contents of my mouth kinda dribbled back out onto the plate, much to the consternation of my dining companion and adjoining tables

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Friday night food & drink….and then a problem’ is closed to new replies.