Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Friday drinking thread
  • messiah
    Free Member

At lunchtime today I tried this.

What a beer… my growler is full and I’m ready for the weekend 8)

Who’s planning what?

eskay

Going to try and avoid it tonight. Plan is to go out for a ride.

Will probably be drinking red wine though……….

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Its my 40th next wednesday, so basically its non stop from now until next weekend 😀

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Planning to fill a growler.

*snarf*

And Tennets.

Yeah, that’s right.

*sigh*

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of bottles of Augustiner Helles in the fridge at home and am now counting down the minutes until I can be in about them.

nedrapier

Just come back from a Jaipur in the sunshine. Would have loved to stay for more, but I’m hoping to leave early to drive to Dorset. Zoiderrr awaits.

willard

I might have a nice cup of tea later, but it’s mainly water tonight for my ride.

That alcohol stuff is bad for you.

Sui
    Free Member

does anyone else know a “growler” as something slightly more sexual…? unless you actually mean this, then i am very impressed as to your method for drinking it..

spacemonkey

Bit of red followed by a Bombay Sapphire or two.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Hmmm – not quite decided yet. I think a wee trip to Bargain Booze may be necessary in the next wee while (need to go and collect a new 50mm Nikkor from the Post Office shortly so can make it a dual purpose trip!)

jekkyl

a single bottle of thatchers katy (abv 7.7!) for supping after tonights ride, then all weekend it will be lovely lovely Stella.
    *homer drool*

boxfish
    Free Member

In approximately 57 minutes, I shall stride next door to the pub and issue the command: “Cider I up landlorrrrrd!!” 😀

messiah
    Free Member

Lorraine Kelly and her growler?

Who was thinking this then?

eskay

That alcohol stuff is bad for you.

Surely this is a joke………

binners

I’m riding an extended off road route home. Just before I arrive home I shall be stopping to exactly recreate this photo taken at the end Wednesday evenings ride. I’m a creature of habit….

Evening ride through Edenfield by binlidski, on Flickr

yunki
    Free Member

Drac

Began 2 week holiday this am so lots of alcohol is booked in for the next 2 weeks.

Nick

Off to the Duddon valley in an hour for a long weekend with family and friends, I have a selection to beverages to choose from:

Fuller London Pride x 6
    Salopion Darwins Origin x 4
    Thwaits Wainwright x 2
    Co-op Wheat Beer x 2
    Marstons Double Drop x 1
    McEwans Champion x 1
    Harvestoun Bitter & Twisted x 1

Plan is to plough through half the fullers and salopian tonight, then I’ve got a pretty good selection to keep me quiet over the rest of the weekend.

Is 17 beers for three nights enough or will I have to spend some time in the Newfield Inn I wonder…..

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This at the Thai celebrating my lads 16th birthday.

portlyone

Off to Port Street Bar for lots of tasty stuff. Redwillow to begin if they have any in…

…and they do! http://www.portstreetbeerhouse.co.uk/beer-list

toby1

which is a bit heavy for lunch, but it’s bloody lovely (and my neighbour brews it).

[EDIT]: Oops image is a little large!

jamiea
    Free Member

Unfortunately on the way home it’ll probably be one of these:

by the river.

or one of these:

or if things are really desperate:

Oh the joys of living in East Anglia where 90% of pubs are bloody Greene King ties 👿 And the only keg of homebrew I’ve got needs another week or two conditioning. Ah well, at least it’s beer garden weather!

Cheers,
    Jamie

B_Leach
    Free Member

I’m getting cracked into the Sheffield uni beer festival this eve. Nom nom nom can’t wait!

toby1

Which bit Jamie? I’ll make sure I avoid it 😉

steve-g
    Free Member

My dad is visiting, he normally brings a selection of beers from the Buxton brewery, I hope he’s remembered this time. Moor Top being my favourite, Kinder Downfall for the slightly stronger stuff. Cant wait

jamiea
    Free Member

toby1 – Member
    Which bit Jamie? I’ll make sure I avoid it

Just north of Cambridge. It’s certainly seems that way anyhoo- there must be 12 pubs in town, one Elgoods managed pub with a shitty paved beer garden, one free-hold with a good range of beers but just a smoking patio another free-hold with no garden and the rest are GK ties. Oh and a horrible Marston’s ‘foodie’ place.

Not a fan of Milton beers TbH, don’t know what it is- maybe their (lack of?) water treatment for the rock hard water round these parts.

Cheers,
    Jamie

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Jamia – ha! try living in Scotland land of Tennants and other pish lagers… dark beer up here is dominated by Belhaven Best which it’s not.

Quite like Greene King IPA when it comes on in my local but prefer the following in order:

Deuchars IPA
    Black Sheep
    Directors
    Marstons
    Greene King

Anyway am on a Redwine kick at the mo and been there for about 6-7 months!
    Asiatic Chilli Veg and Quinoa with Cumberland Sausage for dinner- there’s yer Fusion food right there, big man!

jamiea
    Free Member

There are some lovely beers from Scotland…

A couple of days into a winter week just outside Aviemore.

I really love Cairngorm’s Tradewinds.

Cheers,
    Jamie

cheers_drive

jamiea – Member
    toby1 – Member
    Which bit Jamie? I’ll make sure I avoid it

Just north of Cambridge. It’s certainly seems that way anyhoo- there must be 12 pubs in town, one Elgoods managed pub with a shitty paved beer garden, one free-hold with a good range of beers but just a smoking patio another free-hold with no garden and the rest are GK ties. Oh and a horrible Marston’s ‘foodie’ place.
    Not a fan of Milton beers TbH, don’t know what it is- maybe their (lack of?) water treatment for the rock hard water round these parts.

Cheers,
    Jamie
    Slightly further north again in Ely it is still dominated by Green King with a couple of oasis’s of choice.

markfu
    Free Member

For now

and then probably moving onto this when i get to the Mexican

patriotpro
    Free Member

After my 20 pints of Deutschen-pils at the bier-fest last Saturday, I shouldn’t but if I do it will be the one bottle of Edelstoff I have left or Zywiec.

Cheers everyone.

fasthaggis

then

cfinnimore
    Free Member

When was the last time we got properly melted?

Me first, last week on a midweek sabbatical attacked the vodka like a fresher.

“WE’RE JUST TWO LOST SOULS SWIMMING IN A FISH BOWL”

at 3AM.

Phoned people and everything, fear the next day, pack of fags, the whole miserable affair.

I call it “Birthday Practice”.

yossarian
    Free Member

Phoned people and everything, fear the next day, pack of fags, the whole miserable affair.

Good work sir!

A very nice pint of San Miguel earlier today in a pub by the beach. A few gin and tonics once the kids are in bed.

The weather is stonking down here on the kent coast. I sense a tough weekend for my liver.

singletrackmind

Day off for me .
    Sold my car for £80 less than I paid for it 3 years and 80,000 miles later. . .
    Emptied and swept out the mancave, new shelves. Counted 22 tyres in my collection.
    Painted the bathroom, Now rewarding myself with some Itchen Valley IPA bottles, blended with some Itchen Valley Pure Gold whilst watching the cruise ships leave the Solent.

hoodie
    Free Member

Taken a liking to strongbow pear cider…plus the local shop offer noe means I have a fridge full. Never run dry on a bank holiday, that’s my motto !

Tom-B
    Free Member

An excellent Semillon is in the fridge to go with some salmon later on.

Mrs B bought me a bottle of Tribute home too 🙂

warton
    Free Member

So far. Stella and peroni.off to the pub for a very belated wetting the babies head. So dome real ale, and no doubt a few drams. After that who knows…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Some nice person just gave me a bottle of Glenfiddich 12.

Schoolnight.

See you in hell. Slainte, STW!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Friday drinking thread’ is closed to new replies.