Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Friday Car… Phwoar
  • Filthy
    Free Member

I havent been impressed with cars much recently, I used to be a petrol head then grew out of it a few years ago, but…

This, I really hope they put it into production, I remember watching the original ones go through Dalby forest in the 80’s. Wonder if the wife will let me remortgage the house?

and the road going version…

Proper 5 cyl turbo like the original too.

Droool

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Racing one looks nice. Standard one looks like most other executive type cars.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

The front reminds me of an Evo X.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

They need to make a WRC version. NOW!

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Evo crossed with Brera crossed with Dodge Charger.

I like it

thepurist

That Audi’s not the best car in the show

5lab

‘Proper 5 cyl turbo like the original too.’

also known as the engine that audi have nicked from the us based jetta. I’m sure they’ll make it, and it’ll sell in thousands to people who couldn’t have a a5 cos its just too big, but can’t have a tt cos it’s just too small

(seriously, how many 2+2 coupes do audi need to make?)

Kevevs
    Free Member

that jag really is something else.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That Jag looks more like a Lotus than the new Lotuses (Loti?).

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve been admiring this wee beastie the last few days

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBiFgEdgQZk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The build thread – http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402

Best sounding engine ever for me, spine tingling. 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

it’s not the fact it looks smart, it’s the technology that drives it. electric motor for each wheel? Proper supercar performance? wow.

donsimon
    Free Member

That racing Audi looks shite! The road going one doesn’t look anything special either. Not a patch on the original Quattros. 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

electric motor for each wheel? Proper supercar performance? wow.

Those things are nothing special. We’ve been able to make very powerful electric motors for about 100 years, and we’ve been making in-wheel ones for a while too. There was a mini about 5 years ago that had same.

What’s hard is carrying around enough energy to power them, so the clever stuff goes into batteries. And in this case, gas turbines to charge them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not a patch on the original Quattros

You sure mate? The originals, whilst being great bits of engineering, looked rubbish from an aesthetic point of view.

See? All boxy and square. In fact most late 70s/80s cars looked shit really, let’s be honest. The automotive equivalent of big hair and shoulder pads.

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh yes, I’m sure. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Then you love Bonnie Tyler and all future comments of yours re anything to do with style/design/aesthetics are invalid.

duntmatter
    Free Member

The new Corrado should have looked like the road going version, instead of a melted Golf.

Nice.

Hadge
    Free Member

A friend of mine has one of these – the proper Audi Quattro Sport

Built for homologation for Group B racing it’s an incredible car. Wheelbase shorter than a Mini Metro and a fabulous rocket ship. His is kept in a heated garage along with a few other nice “boys toys”

donsimon
    Free Member

Then you love Bonnie Tyler

My mum sat next to her on a plane once, does that count for something?

Moe

That racing Audi looks shite!

If you don’t like if fine, you don’t like it but to say it’s shite? ……….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Dad had the uR Quattros, the last one a full Treser version. He so nearly bought a Quattro Sport but room was too tight for us kids – dammit!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Explains EVERYTHING.

donsimon
    Free Member

Moe – Member

That racing Audi looks shite!

If you don’t like if fine, you don’t like it but to say it’s shite? ……….

Looking shite is different from being shite. I only said it looks shite, as an Audi high performance car I would imagine it is an incredible car, but it still looks shite! 😀

Explains EVERYTHING.

😆

locomotive

IMO the road version looks like its been put styled using photoshop cut and past of images from other manufacturers brochures.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well you know, these are hard times and all….

retro83
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – Member
    I’ve been admiring this wee beastie the last few days

The build thread – http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402

Best sounding engine ever for me, spine tingling.

holy shmoly!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What’s the point of putting an engine of that sort of power into a chassis which can’t handle it? Just curious like. Surely if you really unleashed that thing the car would disintegrate? 😯

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Because the chassis CAN handle it, spaceframed, S2 struts and front wishbones, homebrew IRS…. and most importantly it only weighs about 800kg and not one and a half tonnes plus like most modern lardy pieces of shoite.

twohats
    Free Member

I saw her a few years back when she was the “turn” on the ferry between Stockholm and Helsinki!

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Simply the best.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEK7POxpVeE[/video]

PJM1974
    Free Member

That Mk2 Golf with the S2 engine is absolutely the cats.

Want one.

That new quattro needs moar Gene Hunt.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Because the chassis CAN handle it, spaceframed, S2 struts and front wishbones, homebrew IRS…. and most importantly it only weighs about 800kg and not one and a half tonnes plus like most modern lardy pieces of shoite.

800kg with 550bhp???????? 😯

Shitting Jesus. That’s terrifying.

Please don’t let WCA see this. Please.

Kevevs
    Free Member

there is a bloke that parks at work in a quattro. It does look good, in an old kinda way. He told me he felt Bonnie Tylers bra straps once.

samuri
    Free Member

It never ceases to amaze me how close people stand to the edge of the road during rallys.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This link between Bonnie Tyler and Audi Quattros is starting to get a bit disturbing…

Ear Kev; what if you say this in yer car park?

Turn around, Ne-e-ville…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQbB2L-fSo[/video]

Hairychested
    Free Member

Low long till somebody says his RS/GTi/V8/whatever is faster/handles better than them Quattros?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Friday Car… Phwoar’ is closed to new replies.