Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Friday A&A !
  • Travis

Isn’t the thread called A&A ?

TJ said “# No posts of a sexual nature, including images of a sexual nature or intended to provoke a sexual response.”

A&A doesn’t do that.
    It’s down to personal response, impression and choice.

Seems like TJ can’t handle a bit of A&A, and has the wrong end of a stick.
    Hate to meet you in a Gallery.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Chabal showing his softer side …

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

without my intervention I am certain this would have degenerat4ed by now into leeriness and leching but you are so determined to show me to be wrong Ridiculous

Without the Daily Mail I’m sure that the country would have now degraded into an obscene pit of liberalism and filth. I just thank my lucky stars both TJ and The Mail are around to keep us all on the straight and narrow.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Damn,I need to watch more Ice skating! (wolf whistles)

mogrim

Ok, she could break you in two, but what’s not to like about a Jodie the triathlete with a name like that?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

TJ said “# No posts of a sexual nature, including images of a sexual nature or intended to provoke a sexual response.”

A&A doesn’t do that.
    It’s down to personal response, impression and choice.

Well, you cannot be sure of that. Given his objections, i think we can assume that they do provoke a sexual response in TJ.

emsz
    Free Member

It is interesting that mostly (although not all the time) the pictures of men are of them doing their sports and the “sexiness” of that image is incidental. whereas the women are often shot in their very skimpiest or revealing gear (or just in lingerie) in poses that imitate glamour models.

_tom_
    Free Member

Doesn’t really qualify, but worth a post anyway 😀

Cougar

Emsz > That may be true generally, but I don’t think that’s been the case in this thread at all. There’s a couple of ‘model’ poses but they’re the minority and not restricted to just the women.

EDIT: Thanks to _tom_ for exceptionally bad timing on his post there…!

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve just done a quick count and get 5/13 girls and 4/7 boys are posed photos so on this thread more of the boys are posed for ‘sexyness’!!

_tom_
    Free Member

😆 , should probably read the full thread next time!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Anyway, now that this is legit and TJ has ‘gone to the pub’, it seems less fun. Anyone got any good pictures of Tonya Harding, the Olympic skater?

partypants
    Free Member

Athlete

Cougar

I might be able to find a couple of Mike Harding if that’s any use to you?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Partypants – you’re allowed to post that one cos it’s really funny 😀 lol!

donsimon
    Free Member

It is interesting that mostly (although not all the time) the pictures of men are of them doing their sports and the “sexiness” of that image is incidental. whereas the women are often shot in their very skimpiest or revealing gear (or just in lingerie) in poses that imitate glamour models.

That’s exactly why I think the only rule should be that the athlete is shown in their working clothes, thus maintaing the status of being an athlete and keeping it from being offensive. Except partypants…. That’s classic. 😆

crazy-legs

Victoria Pendleton brought this one up quite recently actually, saying about how women in sport were more inclined to do modelling work to get themselves noticed whereas men got noticed because of their sporting performances. You can kind of argue that VP has both what with her being one of Britain’s best ever track sprinters but she made her point very well. It’s a bit worse in cycling than it is in some other sports cos cycling is so heavily male dominated.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FFS, damo, there’s always one. Please edit that out, would you.

Thanks.

llama

Never mind gender politics, stop Chabal from eating that bloody baby!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No need for that, was there Flashy? 😯

And why aren’t you on TJ’s thread, constructing a sensible, rational, reasoned argument against him? Hmm?

Still signs of misogyny on here though. And I think some folk still don’t quite understand the distinction between the aesthetics of athleticism, and gratuitous objectification….

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

and I don’t see why the term ‘misogyny’ is being used here. I can see tht there may be a lack of respect and/or and objectification of women, but hatred? No.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, presenting women as nowt more than objects for sexual gratification isn’t exactly friendly towards femininity, is it?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Why bother posting these threads when all it does is result in a slanging match and one-upmanship, surely you can just enjoy these pics without the need to post them, or just use a link instead.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, presenting women as nowt more than objects for sexual gratification isn’t exactly friendly towards femininity, is it?

No, but is done perhaps with a lack of regard for women rather than a hatred.

oldgit
    Free Member

Athletic and atractive and on topic. Still my favourite, Emilia Fahlin.

Northwind

CharlieMungus – Member

“I’d be surprised if anyone here was leching?”

I totally am. I get strongly aroused at the thought of sebastien chabal eating that baby.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Partypants – you’re allowed to post that one cos it’s really funny lol!

+1

chunkypaul
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

without my intervention I am certain this would have degenerat4ed by now into leeriness and leching but you are so determined to show me to be wrong Ridiculous

Twin
    Free Member

[img]http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icwales2/jan2009/7/1/1207070B-D252-8CA7-81D9FEC4FA80A8D4.jpg[/img]

So in TJ’s world, these aren’t acceptable on the forum even though there were life size cardboard cut outs near the check out at Asda?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

C’mon, you know the score. That stuff is demeaning! no buts!

Twin
    Free Member

Buts or butts?

juiced
    Free Member

The male photo’s inspire me to train/ ride harder. the female photo’s do the same but are better. I am sure there’s no harm admiring a beautiful female physique, which don’t forgot have often been aquired through lot’s of dedication to their training plans and sport 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I note that pictures of overweight male transvestites in pink frocks are no longer acceptable, according to the mods.

Cor baby, that’s really free.

Cougar

Still signs of misogyny on here though

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. </Inigo>

Hairychested
    Free Member

For the ladies here:

Woody
    Free Member

Now now Cougar – it sounds derogatory and is used in relation to women, ergo in the context of this thread it gives the impression the user knows what they are talking about and must therefore be casually dropped in to reinforce the posters’ credentials. The fact that it is used (IMHO and yours) incorrectly is irrelevant!

I like this definition
    mysoginist:
    A man who hates every bone in a woman’s body, except his.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don’t understand all this sexual repression. A&A is not pronography.

Why is it degrading or perverted to think that someone is attractive?

Why is it assumed that I’m objectifying someone I fancy?

I really wonder if TJ and the PC brigade are reacting to their own repressed or perverted thoughts. IMO, the A&A thread is a brilliant idea as long as it remains sport-themed, tasteful and gender balanced.

donsimon
    Free Member

This is getting most of my books, too many words and not enough pictures!!!
    Leryn Franco (pointy stick throwist)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Buzz – do yu really not understand?

firstly of course its objectifying women because it is purely judging them on their looks

Why is it assumed that I’m objectifying someone I fancy?

Really – that statement says you are
    🙄
    Secondly it never remains

sport-themed, tasteful and gender balanced.

for long – indeed this one has not. Although it has not deteriorated as quickly or as far as some – read emsz post above and the post below hers.

I have made my point althou as usual people make up things I have said in order to prove their point. for example I never said what is contained in Twins post above.

some find it hard to grasp the reason why this sort of thread is out of place, disrespectful and distasteful on this sort of forum and in the modern era which is a sad reflection on how are society is.

Anyway – I have made my point and I shall leave you to it.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Friday A&A !’ is closed to new replies.