Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)
  • Friday A&A !
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don. Have a think. There is no lack of continuity at all. If no rule is being broken why are pictures removed from these threads all the time? and the threads closed?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh do shut up, TJ, you unremittingly boring individual.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I see a post by mandog has just been deleted, it was rather dodgy though (possible ban). Do the mods check every post in every thread 24hrs a day, it’s a bit of a thankless task & must be a nightmare to police.

donsimon
    Free Member

and the threads closed?

Because you won’t leave it! 🙄 When you come in and sabotage a thread which doesn’t interest you it generally degenerates into an argument. We all know your point of view and your objective, you are not adding anything positive either to the A&A thread or the community.
    Many threads are deleted or have posts removed so why pick on this one week after week?
    As you and your tag writing cronies are in the minority, why not just leave it? It’s a thread, avoid it. I get hacked off with bad spelling and bad grammer, so maybe I make a comment and leave it or simply ignore it. I have not made it a mission to educate the illiterate or destroy threads, I prefer to educate the Spanish who generally have a higher level and more pride. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

check every post in every thread 24hrs a day

How do I get this job?

Mark

Pictures are removed when we feel they are pushing the boundaries of the spirit of the A&A/Kylie clause that is detailed in the rules.

Comments made on any particular pictures still fall under the usual rules of conduct and any comments that we consider are mysoginistic or just plain sexist will be moderated and the posters will be banned. If we feel that a particular thread is causing us unnecessary moderation then will simply delete or close the entire thread. This should not be interpreted as the original subject per se being against the rules just that the level of ‘maintenance’ of the thread has exceeded our threshold of toleration.

If the spirit of the A&A thread is adhered to then there will be no issues with us allowing it to continue. We will, however, moderate harshly any contributors who push the boundaries.

That may sound vague but it’s as clear as we are prepared to make it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Mark.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Sounds pretty plain simple and straight forward to me.
    As you were…..

Karinofnine

Dislikes: people who are rude, people who don’t cover their mouths when they cough

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh do shut up, TJ, you unremittingly boring individual.

So rude. Well, he manages at least to be a darn sight more interesting than some bloke who pretends to be a toff all the time to the point of utter tedium…. 🙄

I like kittens too! 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Some more pictures for TJ to get excited about:

and the one and only:

Kit
    Free Member

Can I report this thread as being inappropriate because it’s CLEARLY NOT FRIDAY ANYMORE?!

donsimon
    Free Member

Can I report this thread as being inappropriate because it’s CLEARLY NOT FRIDAY ANYMORE?!

Of course you can. 🙄

Elfin, don’t talk about rude when TJ is so ready to insult, ok?

MrSmith
    Free Member

I will bow out again.

thanks for the memories.

sc-xc

thanks for the mammaries.

Here we go again….

Kevevs
    Free Member

I fancy some crisps.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin, don’t talk about rude when TJ is so ready to insult, ok?

Where has he resorted to personal insults then?

Simple fact is, that TJ has asked for an end to a thread which invariably descends into stupid behaviour, yet others have missed the real point he was making and instead used it as an excuse to attack someone who’s challenged their own views, without actually responding in a particularly intelligent way. Marvellous.

There’s bin several posts removed from this thread as it is, and there are still one or two pathetic comments, so TJ’s bin proveded right. In fact this has probably bin the least ‘offensive’ A+A thread ever. And I dare say a few will think twice before they post stuff in future. So a full-on TJ win of epic proportions.

Good work TJ.

As for people suggesting TJ is ‘imposing his will on others’; what, and by claiming your own views are more valid than his, you’re not doing the same? Love it. 😀

If TJ is the ‘Forum Police’, does that make some of you the ‘Forum Police Police’?

People have different views. Fact of life. Some people have the bottle to express them even though they know they will be met with outrage. Many of those slagging off TJ wouldn’t have the guts to express their own views, unless they knew others would back them up. Pft. In fact I think are some are jealous of TJ’s ability to do something they can’t. I’m right and you know it.

Logan’s Run’s a pretty good film, I have to say.

Kevevs; I’m just nipping down the offie. What crisps you want? I don’t think they’ve got beef flavour at the mo.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

And I dare say a few will think twice before they post stuff in future.

Ooh. Sounds like a challenge to me.

Logan’s Run’s a pretty good film, I have to say.

Yeah, especially the bit where… Oops. Don’t want to get banned. 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Where has he resorted to personal insults then?

He is too quick to call anyone who doesn’t agree with his point of view stupid, the line about reading what he writes again is a bit of a insult to the readers intelligence and I had reason to point out that he had insulted me directly three times last week.
    Equally the tags are quite insulting, however there is nothing to say that TJ is responsible for this.

Simple fact is, that TJ has asked for an end to a thread which invariably descends into stupid behaviour

He has in a repeated way disrupted and sabotaged (his word) a perfectly acceptable thread. It is the mods job to moderate not TJs. Even TJ changes his argument, from a dislike of the images to a dislike of the comments while accepting the images, and I’m the one who needs to read the threads again. 🙄

so TJ’s bin proveded right.

How’s that? He’s antagonistic in his approach and completely inflexible and totally unable to listen, really listen, to others. He would drive a saint to lose their temper. The A&A thread lives on and his personal point of view has been shown to be in the minority. If anything he has lost in that any sympathy to his point of view has been completely lost now because of his attitude.
    He has gone way down in my estimations as a positive influence on the forum.

druidh
    Free Member

That I should be dragged into this….

First of all, just like Friday Kylie, the weekly A & A thread was dying on its feet until last week when emzs decided to comment on it and TJ jumped in with both feet. The vast majority of forum users have obviously got bored with it. By raising its profile these past two weeks, emsz and TJ have ensured that it will continue to grumble on for some time – even if it’s just out of spite.

TJ did the right thing by starting a thread to give voice to those who didn’t like the A & A thread. However, it is obvious from the responses that he is very much in a minority. Time then to drop it and move on.

To the ladies who are offended it by it – whether you continue to frequent the forum or not – how on earth do you cope in your normal day-to-day life when images and sexual innuendo are much more prevalent than they are on STW?

For the crusaders – emsz, TJ, Elfinsafety etc – Is this really the best use of your time? If you feel so strongly about this, why aren’t you picketing WH Smith, or attempting to get the law changed to have it all banned? Nah – it’s much easier to sit behind your monitor and bang out a few words here, thereby salving your conscience.

As for TJ – I’m afraid that this behaviour is all so horribly familiar. Away from STW, I think TJ is a top bloke. Great sense of humour, intelligent, articulate. I’m proud to be able to think of him as a friend. Put him at a keyboard however and his forum behaviour is atrocious. We used to see this on another forum, where TJ would celebrate his “different-ness” (his signature was marching to the beat of a different drum) by starting and participating in threads where he would make ludicrous claims, be hurt when folk didn’t “understand” him and would then come out at the end with “sheesh you guys, I was just jesting all along”. This is still known as The TJ Defence. Folk there got so fed up of him that eventually he was bullied off/left.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is this really the best use of your time?

Probbly not really, no.

I’m watching CSI now.

I bought a big bayg of Wotsits and some Haribo Tangfastics.

grahamh
    Free Member

+1
    well said druidh.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He has gone way down in my estimations as a positive influence on the forum.

Well he’s gone up in mine. There you go.

People having different opinions eh? Whatever next?

MrSmith
    Free Member

As for people suggesting TJ is ‘imposing his will on others’; what, and by claiming your own views are more valid than his, you’re not doing the same? Love it.

it’s the views of the mods that are gospel. if your own views fall into line with them there isn’t a problem.
    it’s only when people think they know better that everyone gets in a tizz about what’s posted on forum about bikes and stuff.

donsimon
    Free Member

People having different opinions eh? Whatever next?

Accepting that people have different views without having a hissy fit?

ivixxiv
    Free Member

Rudeboy, when are you (and Barnsleymitch) coming back to Mlehworld?

Woody
    Free Member

Nice one Druidh

I’m giggling that this is still going on and find it even more amusing that Elf (a man who singlehandedly, in his several previous guises, has probably caused more departures from the forum than anyone else) consistently leaps to the defence of TJ at every opportunity, on this and other threads……..

……it’s nice that he has a <Inbetweeners voice on> friend!

Coyote
    Free Member

He is too quick to call anyone who doesn’t agree with his point of view stupid

This has been proved time and time again when anyone expresses a more “spiritual” side to their nature.

I personally think he’s an OK guy however he does seem incapable of accepting that a view that is the polar opposite of his is valid. Bit intolerant I suppose.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I do think it’s nice to help make people laugh. Glad to bring some joy to your life, Woody. 🙂

rob2
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think rob2 has just made the most valid point so far.

Mark

We (mods) have been debating the merits or otherwise of moderation of ‘characters’ who show a pattern of just taking an opposing or contrary view in a forum debate in order to a) keep themselves in the limelight so to speak or b) to just inflame the situation. Either way in my view it comes under the remit of the negative use of the forum and certain characters in this debate should think carefully about what they are adding to the overall community of the forum.

If you feel this is a threat against you personally then it most likely is.

Cougar

Good.

Hairychested
    Free Member

May we just stick to photos instead of the continuous flow of verbal diarrhoea?
    Mark, keep an eye, do your best to keep the thread going.
    TJ, would you go and ride a bike instead of acting like a little Stalin?
    Druidh, where do I sign in support of your post?

Kevevs
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered. I’m just judging and pointing fingers from afar.. Roll on spring!

Junkyard
    Free Member

how on earth do you cope in your normal day-to-day life when images and sexual innuendo are much more prevalent than they are on STW?

I dont really experience the A & A attitude towards women anywhere except on here. Not at work nor with my mates ..no one i know openly “leers”. I think we all accept the mods /owners are ok with it by now though and I shall continue to disaprove and not open the threads/contribute as usual just like with car ones.

That said good post

If you feel this is a threat against you personally then it most likely is.

😆
    I suspect it is a rather long list

GW
    Free Member

We (mods) have been debating the merits or otherwise of moderation of ‘characters’ who show a pattern of just taking an opposing or contrary view in a forum debate in order to a) keep themselves in the limelight so to speak or b) to just inflame the situation. Either way in my view it comes under the remit of the negative use of the forum and certain characters in this debate should think carefully about what they are adding to the overall community of the forum.

the thought police have spoken 🙄

Woody
    Free Member

Have to disagree with you there GW – I thought it was a very fair and open statement. The fact that Mark et al have taken the trouble to explain and account for their decisions when they are under no obligation to do so speaks volumes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

+1 Woody. I thought it was so good I bought the company started a thread about it…

Junkyard
    Free Member

what do you mean thought police it is his house and if he does not like what you say he can ask you to leave. They go to a fair length to explain things on here and I suspect he has much better things to be doing on a Sunday than explaining some rules to some fools on a forum.
    Were you just making sure you are on the list?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Friday A&A !’ is closed to new replies.