Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Freeview TV's & PVR's?
  • mrben100
    Free Member

Anybody know if there’s any issue with having a TV with built-in Freeview HD tuner – and attaching an HD recorder (seem to be called PVR in my brief google research).

Does the tuner in the PVR conflict with the tuner in the TV?

If anyones got any experience would be good to hear.

Gotta shoot off now but will back this evening.

Any anecdotal evidence would be appreciated. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

No issues whatsoever, pvr is just another input.

nbt

Usually the PVR had ti’s own tuner, it doesn’t record from that in the TV. You;d need a HD PVR if you want to record HD programming in HD, then

higgo
    Free Member

DrP

Does the tuner in the PVR conflict with the tuner in the TV?

If you’re watching TOWIE on one tuner, and recording Big Brother on the other, they both come to the conclusion you’re an idiot and permanently shut down….

DrP

sharkbait
    Free Member

Gotta shoot off now

😯 Is that due to something on Freeview?

kimbers

the PVR will record through its own tuner

so it will have to be HD if you want to record HD

my sony one upscales to record in Highest quality which is nice but not as nice as HD signal through the telly

mrben100
    Free Member

Only just back.

Cheers for the feedback.

I had my suspicions DrP and yes sharkbait you’ve caught me out!

Higgo – so what you’re saying is it will be brilliant but ultimately explode and kill me without warning! Noted, I will be extra careful.

Embarrassingly I’m supposed to be sorting this out for my Dad who’s in his 70’s – I ‘only’ in my 30’s but haven’t got a clue. (hnags head in shame)

Chairs.

brassneck

I have a standard PVR (Thomson) and a HD TV with HD Tuner (LG) built in – Freeview HD is quite nice, but I’ve not felt any burning need replace the PVR till HD recorders are a lot cheaper. Once I’m sat on the sofa it’s difficult to see a difference to be honest.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Freeview TV's & PVR's?’ is closed to new replies.