Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Frame warranty – Trek
  • bigpole
    Free Member

I was stupid enough to ride my trek fuel into a bollard at some speed, The only thing (other than me!) that was damaged was the frame which bent at both points behind the head tube, the wheel and forks remained perfectly in tact. Is this par for the course and acceptable or a weakness in the frame and I have a claim on the warranty?

wwaswas

I was stupid enough to ride my trek fuel into a bollard at some speed,

If you drove your car into a brick wall would you expect Ford to pay for the repairs?

Goz
    Free Member

No chance.

peachos
    Free Member

i wouldn’t tell them you rode into anything and give it a shot – i know someone who got a new frame through Trek’s warranty for paint defect after using a brillo pad to clean it. seriously!

wwaswas

the trek warranty department read stw and post fairly regularly.

trying to explain the complete disintegration of the front of the frame as a JRA incident is going to test anyones credulity.

#justsaying.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Post some pictures so we can make a more informed decision, please.

Hope you’re not too badly hurt.

goog
    Free Member

lol

dnchevy
    Free Member

you might get away with it think they do a crash replacment schemme from what i can remember you pay half cost just contact them

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think there’s a definition somewhere in the small print of specializeds warrenty that says

“If it snaps at a weld/yoint its our fault, if it bends you were doing something it wasn’t designed for”

I’d be supprised if youre covered, but then again trek do have great customer service.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Just be hoenst, polite and accept its your fault and they might help you out, trek are usually very good with their warranties.

Goz
    Free Member

Crash replacement and warranty two different issues…..obviously!

njee20
    Free Member

Trek customer service is very ‘by the book’, not a bad thing at all, but they don’t tend to do favours as much as some other brands.

I’d say you’re looking at a heavily subsidised frame on crash replacement.

trekcol
    Free Member

i would be honest and not claim a warranty if the damage was caused by a crash…

juanking

Whoops, too late..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Frame warranty – Trek’ is closed to new replies.