Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Frame painting/colouring
  • edward2000
    Free Member

I know this has been done before but im going to ask anyway. My DH bike could do with a new lick of paint. Its scratched because i keep crashing when i attempt to pull double backflip duffman 180 snatch grabs…

Can anyone reccomend somene who can do a decent respray? I seem to remember a company called Argos cycles but i cant find them anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

scotia
    Free Member

i tried google:

https://www.google.ch/?gws_rd=cr&ei=uJPwUtCTE4m7ygPl_4DwCw#q=argos+cycles

Home

they seem to be well recommended..

globalti
    Free Member

Atlantic Boulevard in Bury. First class work. Can reproduce the decals too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’d be more inclined to go down the powdercoating route…

Leaves a tougher finish.

http://www.triple-s.co.uk/

ichabod
    Free Member

I’m looking for a powder coating place in London if anyone knows a good one? Also, wondering about how to correctly strip and mask the frame of a full sus.. I guess I would need to mask all of the sockets for the press fit bearings as well as the BB and headset?

batfink
    Free Member

Thread from a couple of years back re: Triple S and some others

2 YEARS! BLOODY HELL!

clicky

zerocool

Argos cycles in Bristol are brilliant. Better than most factory finishes, but they’re not as cheap as a powdercoaters. Their paintwork is pretty hard wearing though.

Tom KP

cr500dom
    Free Member

Redditch shotblasting did all the powder coating when I rebuilt my Ducati and they were superb.
    They were doing all the coating for the Motorcycle museum after the fire there, and I could not believe the finish, never seen powder coat like it.
    Better than a lot of the wet spray finishes I`ve seen, closer to stove enamel in its depth and lustre.
    Their candies were nice too and I had crackle finish done on the engine barrels with double masking (Once for blasting, once for coating)
    I would happily recommend them and at the time they were 1/2 the price of Triple S (Who were my default Coaters up to that point)

ichabod
    Free Member

Just got a quote from Armortex in London for £120 for a full sus frame which seems quite a lot to me…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Frame painting/colouring’ is closed to new replies.