Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Frame only on CTWS?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Last post got me thinking – I guess I would be out of luck getting a £1000 Carbon HT frame via the CTWS – we don't have a credit license but have done the CTWS on my road bike 3 years ago. Any thoughts?

I tseams it has to be a whole bike and thus if the frame is £1000 already I would be out of luck unless they fitted the rest of the kit for £0 🙁

br
    Free Member

Do you own the company?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I believe they have tightened things up now and it has to be a complete bike – a few years ago I got a frame, fork and headset from a very helpful shop through CTW and no-one batted an eyelid. The bloke at Cyclescheme even commented on what a nice frame it was!

chakaping
    Free Member

Talk to shops about it by all means, but probably best not to post on the internet.

If the scheme is currently being reviewed (or did I imagine that), you don;t want to create the impression people are abusing it.

ourmaninthenorth

CTW isn't there for people to buy themselves swanky £1k carbon HT frames, it's there to get the general populce to consider a healthier and more societally friendly means of transporting themselves to and from work.

This is another of those "I can't get flash stuff for cheap. Waaah" threads.

Suck it up FFS.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh no – didn't want to suggest I would abuse it – I wonder if I could get a frame built around it with very very cheap components and swap them out at some point but it would still be over the £1000. Nah wasn't suggesting I was to abuse the system – just wondered what LEGAL was I could get it if any. Sounds unlikely – No I don't own the buisness I am an employee 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member – Ay calm down Dude – get off your high horse – I have already got a £1000 Specy road bike on the scheme – WHICH I RIDE TO WORK ON 3 DAYS A WEEK!

BTW I have bought all my MTB's from my own cash and pay my tax's, NI etc . It.s an honest question. I was not asking – "How can I abuse the RTWS scheme bu illegally getting a bike/frame/forks etc" 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Frame only on CTWS?’ is closed to new replies.