Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How do i get my sky remote to control the volume of the TV?
  • Pieface

Used to be able to do it on my old TV (philips) automatically, i didn't need to do set it up.

New TV (LG) needs the TV remote to turn up the volume. Gone into the obvious set up menu's but to no avail.

Any idea if i should be able to do this or does it only work with some.

jedi

ask it nicely

ton

you may have to put a code into the remote to work with your tely

bananaworld
    Free Member

Aaaagh!!! No make it stop! The horror! The suffering! Heeeeeelp! I have to use not one, but two, yes TWO remote controls! The pain!!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

stevet
    Free Member

We've just got a 42inch LG and had Sky HD installed, The guy said something about it being a new tv out and sky had only just got the codes for them, So im guessing your going to need to enter said code ! Damned if i can remember how though

Sandwich

Try here. (First Link on a google search).

Pieface
    Taff
    Free Member

code is 2210. I've just bought an LG 42LH3000 and for the life of me can't programme it in. Press the TV button on the sky handset, then select and red until two flashing lights appear, enter code.

There's a sticker in the battery compartments that runs it through alhtogh if you got the sky interactive – help centre – remote control there's a walkthrough on there.

Good luck. Let me know if you manage it

sparkerfix

Had similar problem with the 32" version of that telly. Found the generic LG code of 0206 worked in our case even though the model specific code is 2210, which would'nt work.

Taff
    Free Member

I'll be trying that code if the mrs gets off

Pieface

Thats weird. All the codes given on Sky and LG sites didn't work.

Strangely though I came back here to moan and tried 0206 which worked. Odder still was that I'd tried it earlier off the Sky website and it didn't work.

Proof to the fact that its only true if you read it on this website.

Pieface

Thats weird. All the codes given on Sky and LG sites didn't work.

Strangely though I came back here to moan and tried 0206 which worked. Odder still was that I'd tried it earlier off the Sky website and it didn't work.

Proof to the fact that its only true if you read it on this website.

andrewh
    Free Member

Used to work for Sky. LG codes are a PITA, you're very lucky to have found one that works.

Taff
    Free Member

Used that other code and that worked! Phew. Thanks for that one

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do i get my sky remote to control the volume of the TV?’ is closed to new replies.