Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • frame boxes
  • hooja
    Free Member

I've got a couple of frames i need to sell in the next couple of weeks but have no way of packing them, any ideas before i advertise them?
    Before anyone says, try your lbs, i dont have one, nearest is 40 odd miles away.In fact i have no idea where i could even get some plain old cardboard boxes since supermarkets dont seem to do them anymore.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

You screwed then.

Halfords
    LBS
    Lots of bubble wrap and shrinkwrap will do it.

flip
    Free Member

I've sold loads of big stuff and got quite creative at building boxes myself. All you need is lots of cardboard and sticky tape (gaffer tape).

Or wrap them in lots of bubble wrap (or laminate floor underlay) and then black bin liners on top.

Jobs a good un 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    qert6
    Free Member

Currys or comet might have something from a flat screen TV that a frame would fit in. Or as above if it is just the frame and not a complete bike, stick something between the dropouts then just plenty of padding, bubblewrap, pipe lagging etc. Rubble sacks make quite good outer packaging, they are quite thick.

hooja
    Free Member

Thought about all the above but had a few bad experiences with badly wrapped stuff being damaged when i got it, didnt really want to do that to someone im selling to. Sometimes it sucks living in the sticks, cant get hold of owt you need, when you need it.
    Will try bradwells ralph, looks like an option.

pstokes99
    Free Member

buy a new bike and get it shipped to you – hey presto – new toy and the box you needed.

someone shipped a frame to me wrapped with pipe lagging and heavy duty bin liners

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘frame boxes’ is closed to new replies.