Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Frame Bags
  • didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Anybody know where I can get a frame bag to the fill the front triangle, like this, or am I going custom made. I found a bespoke service based in Alaska. Any ideas?

thanks

luke
    Free Member

Before I opened the post I thought of epic but looks like you have considered them already.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Yeah, Epic looks pretty good gear, and I can't find many other options. Although I have found some great looking 'Adventuure' bike manufacturers, out there.

flatfish
    Free Member

there is carousel design works but dont expect a speedy return of your emails, it took a whole month for him to reply to me, because of this i've recently placed an order with eric at epic designs.(apparently the quality is better too).

theres the jandd frame bag too but it's quite a bit smaller than a full frame bag.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Taylor, how much did the frame bag set you back all in? … will we be seeing it in action in May?

Stuart

flatfish
    Free Member

sorry stu i haven't ordered a frame bag yet as i'm waiting for a new bike so that will come next but i have ordered a seat pack, a bar harness/bag and a gas tank, these set me back about 180ish for the three pieces.
    they should be here in time for WRT but by the time i get a new bike it'll be too late for may.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Looks like I'll be going with Epic as I can't find many other options, Can't decide though now will the Super Twinkie Seat pack and a large gas tank be enough. I'm pretty sure I can get a Laser Comp tent, Sleeping Bag and stove in that thing! Plus I can swap them between bikes. Decisions 🙄

flatfish
    Free Member

super twinkies are enormous as are the large gas tanks i'd suggest the mediums in both or you'll have the tendancy to over fill the bags and the bike will handle like a pig on rollerskates/pensioner on ice. delete as appropriate.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Large gas tank, "Best for when you need lots of volume and don’t mind leg rub when peddling out of the saddle.", ok, looks like the medium maybe a better choice 😕
    The Mountain Standard comes in at 13 litres which should easily take, tent, and sleep gear. I'll carry the other stuff in an OMM pack and front pouch.

coastkid
    Free Member

i bought an epic design frame bag and large gas tank,cost here to the UK around £180…never looked back,love cycling without a camelback on so found it great,attention to detail and quality superb,was bought for a surly pugsley 18" medium frame but also fits my 18" karate monkey so will proberly fit mosy medium reg mtb frames ok…
    perfect for a weekend bikepacking holding stove and food and camera with bag and bivvy and thermarest on racks..
    it has been waterproof so far too unless underwater…
    erics stuff often gets reviewed as the best and after a years use i agree 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Frame Bags’ is closed to new replies.