Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • fox uppy downy seatpost
  • kimbers

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/fox-telescoping-post-titanium-crown-steerer.html

im guessing 400quid?

and dont event start on that titanium steerer-crown

firestarter
    Free Member

needs a strip and rebuild after every 15 adjustments 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Looks good but will be too spendy for me – my clunky GD works ok and was relatively cheap.

and dont event start on that titanium steerer-crown

That’s bound to be reasonable priced I imagine? 😆

fbk
    Free Member

Who’d have thought Gravity droppers would ever be considered the “budget” option for adjustable seatposts 😯

They still work the best though, even if they are minging!

neil853
    Free Member

the price of these is already expensive, but you would have thought that fox would leep it in line wiht the RS unit wouldn’t you? be nice to have something reliable though that doesn’t look like an alevel engineering project.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like the idea of an adjuster thats not just on/off, presume its based on the talas2 internals?

firestarter
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I like the idea of an adjuster thats not just on/off, presume its based on the talas2 internals?

id hope not they are crap

rootes1

be nice option for hard tail users if these uppy/down seat posts also incorporated a bit of suspension in use.

Paceman
    Free Member

You’d hope uppy-downy posts would start to level out or even drop in price a bit before too long. They’re way too expensive for me to justify a purchase at the moment.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Seems to be a bike industry thing this ever increasing expense.

Company A brings out a brilliant new product, pitches price high.

Companies B,C,D,E etc bring out equivalents, some improved, and whack the price up even higher.
    In many other fields B,C,D,E etc undercut A and we get a gentle spiral downwards in price – why does it often work the other way in biking?

packer
    Free Member

Another one that won’t be available in 27.2mm … 🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

but the older stuff gets reduced, so as RS and fox release $$$ posts you get Joplin 3s for ~120 quid

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Giant’s new 30.9 Contact Switch uppy downy, RRP is £160, and it’s remote too.

Isn’t Brant invloved in an uppy downy project that is estimated to retail at £99?

AlexSimon

I’d like to see a company move the cable bit to the fixed part of the post. Like gravity dropper.
    5 inches of cable movement is difficult to route properly and could catch on QRs and suspension stuff.
    Or wireless 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

My seatpost QR was £6 and i can admire the view whilst I adjust it for free 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    Or wireless

Already available for those who don’t mind the milliseconds wasted slowing down to do th MJ crotch-grab.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘fox uppy downy seatpost’ is closed to new replies.