Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox RLC adjuster problems
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I’ve recently bout some F120 RLC off a mate and am having a problem with the above.

1. When the lockout is moved, it changes the setting on the compression dial.

2. I thought it may be dirt in the dials, so took them off, cleaned and reassembled but after a couple of hours at Lee Quarry, the lockout lever is now jammed.

According to this thread, the rlc knob design is flawed…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stupid-fox-rlc-adjuster-knob

Any suggestions re either of above 2 problems?

MSP

I had this problem, I used some silicon to keep the compression in the place I wanted.

Then when I was giving them a service I dropped the spring and one of the ball-bearings, so got some new ones, when I cam to fit them, found part of the old spring still in its hole. Haven’t had the problem since. I now have some spare ballbearings and a spring.
    I think its not a good design, and the spring and bearings get worn and need replacing after a while.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I used some silicon to keep the compression in the place I wanted.

Cheers, sounds like a good idea….it u just use a blob of slicone sealant under the edge of the compression dial?

LoCo
    Free Member

Generally it’s dirt between the two dials and the lockout dial/the three bearings not being correctly located it onto the central boss of the top cap, that are the issues.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have this problem. The compression dial just spins almost freely so if I turn the lockout the compression will move as well unless I use two hands and hold it in place.

I haven’t tried to sort it. As the small movements it makes on the dial appears to have no impact on the way the fork operates.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox RLC adjuster problems’ is closed to new replies.