Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox Lower Leg Removal
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve done this before, but this time I can’t get the lower leg removed. Best way to describe it is feels like theres some kind of vacuum has been created in the leg which is preventing removal

Any similar experiences?

ta

TheSwede
    Free Member

Tap the threaded ends that protrude from the lower ends (with the nuts on loose so as not to damage threads) to break the seal so to speak, then pull. Simples.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thats what I usually do and have no problems.

This time round it feels like the fork still has air in it, despite removing it all first. Its like it has dropped down to about 5 cm of travel. When I tap the thread ends all that happens is the fork compresses, rather than knocking them loose.

Entonox
    Free Member

Can you stop the lowers moving as you tap the bolts? A second pair of hands helps.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve just tightened up all the nuts, and pumped them up to try again. All fine, then as soon as I depress the air valve the lower rides back up about 5 cm up the stanchion, even though there is no weight on the fork at all (its in a stand).

Can’t remember this happening beofore..think its jiggered, which is a bit pish given I’m in the middle of training for a race 🙁

coatesy
    Free Member

Why are you letting the air out? Leave it under pressure and you have a more solid base to tap against. I prefer to put the bike upside down, and put my foot under the fork brace for support when I tap them.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yeah, leave the air in.

alexpalacefan

APF

bruneep

@ alex…..Coffee on iPad now thanks….

alexpalacefan

And that was my 1st posted ‘photo too. Glad to be of service 🙂

APF

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox Lower Leg Removal’ is closed to new replies.