Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox forks 29er ctd diving.
  • mr-bump
    Free Member

Hi there.
    Im hoping somebody may be able to help me with this.
    I have a pair of fox 34 forks with the CTD function but im finding they dive loads.

Ive been told that adding oil to the air spring can help reduce his problem.

Has anybody done this and can they please let me know how.

Any help would be great. 🙂

klunky
    Free Member

Is it a fox evo fork? If so suck it up they are pish ime.

chestrockwell

If they’re 140mm I’ll swap them for my two ride old Sektors 😉 😳

frogstomp

Which year are they? The 2012s were supposedly bad for this, 2013s seem better..

May be worth contacting Mojo to see if they can do an air cartridge upgrade (to 2014 spec) for it?

Yetiman
    Free Member

Yes, it works to a certain extent. I added 5ml to my 29er 140mm Floats and although they do ramp up a little better in D mode the first half of the travel still feels too linear. I now run mine solely in T with the air pressure set slightly on the low side and they feel great on most trails and DH tracks.
    I’ll probably get the 2014 damper fitted in the coming weeks but ultimately I’d like the 150mm Avalanche cartridge.

crankrider
    Free Member

You wont need a whole new cartridge just a £50 re-shim

Send it in to Mojo for a service and 2014 damping upgrade.

mr-bump
    Free Member

Thanks for the info people.
    I will give mojo a ring and see if they can work their magic.
    age wise they came on a 2013 bike purchased in march this year so may be the 2012 models.

brsam
    Free Member

Yep I’ve added 25ml to the std 5ml in my CTD 150 TRAVEL 32’s. Works well.

pete68
    Free Member

2012 forks were the rlc types. 2013 saw the introduction of the newer CTD models and these seem to be the ones suffering from tgis diving problem. The 2014 ones are apparently the better ones. These are already available, and this is what causes the confusion between model years. I got my 2012 ones in May 2011!

crankrider
    Free Member

Pinkbike article about the soft nature of the fork – Fox’s excuses and how the 2014 will be better: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/FOX-34-TALAS-FLOAT-X-FIRST-IMPRESSIONS.html

Chainline
    Free Member

I added 15ml to mine, others have added 20mm. It helps alot, but there is always a balance between plush and dive. They are a nice plush fork. I also have a Pike which do sit up better but I would say that the Fox is a more plush fork and less sensitive to settings.

2014 upgrade is £50 fitted from Mojo. I found actually just running them firmer worked too. On the upgrade you can also ask them toincrease or decrease the damping on that.

The Avalanche upgrade I suspect is great but also comes with a further weight penalty as well as being £300.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks 29er ctd diving.’ is closed to new replies.