Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox f100 stiction problems
  • roblerner
    Free Member

I bought some 2008 f100Rs second hand about a year ago, and I've never been happy with their performance (compared to my vanillas). There is a fair bit of stiction, and when they do move it's more in a stoppy-starty way than buttery smooth. On the trail small-bump sensitivity is non-existant, and they're no fun to ride compared with my Vs.

I've changed oil, seals and cleaned/greased where appropriate according to fox service manual. Played with air pressure and rebound (sag, @20%, seems about right once the stiction is gone, but I have to lean on the bars to get them to move in the first place).

Is this just a coil vs air thing? Everyone else I ride with has coil forks so I have no real comparison. What's next to try? A 'professional' service? TFtuned?

Thanks

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I have 2 sets of f100s right now and both are buttery smooth. Sounds like something else is amiss…

Swalsey
    Free Member

Is it possible that you have the 'terralogic' forks, with a threshold (like specialized brain) for super efficient climbing?

roblerner
    Free Member

nope, they're not terralogics.

I guess I'll send them off to TFtuned, or buy some new ones (was thinking of going 120mm anyway).

Any good deals on ~120mm forks around at the moment?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

£280 buys you my Fox F120s (buttery smooth) and 6 rides old (less than 200 miles)

More pics here

Email in profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox f100 stiction problems’ is closed to new replies.