Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox DHX 5.0 home service
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Has anyone tried? As there is a user adjustable pressure in the boost chamber, there is on nitrogen charge in it. That would suggest it can be serviced at home. Anyone tried? Any one succeeded?

rc200f8
    Free Member

DHX 5 coil is pretty simple & instructions are available on mtbr in suspension forum by Nick_M2R. I’ve bought complete seal kits from someone in the usa via ebay (not available from Fox) for about £16 for two kits. Not sure about home service on DHX air though.
    Iain

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Should have said, it’s the coil I’m looking at. Mine has just gone squelchy.

jonk

Really easy, my mate who is a retard just did his using the MTBR instructions. I got the seal kit off ebay Australia.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s good to hear. I was thinking I’d try an oil change and bleed to start.

rc200f8
    Free Member

You’ll probably get away without changing any seals, mine lasted 6 years having had 1/2 a dozen home oil changes before the shaft seal started to weep.

robhughes
    Free Member

Been looking for this bad boy for you for a while but finally found it. 😀

http://www.mediafire.com/?lotejczmzz0

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks Rob, however,

Epic fail!!!!!!!!

All was going well until I went to unscrew the shaft cap. The shaft body came with it. Left me with no way to get the shaft cap off. Therefore, no way to bleed the air from the connecting chamber.

So, where’s best to send it now? Loco, Mojo or TFT?

robhughes
    Free Member

Defo Loco.He worked extra special voodoo magic on mine.
    Have it custom tuned for you frame while he,s got it.
    I really recommend this.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Can’t you screw the threaded tube back into the housing & nip it up & then wrap a piece of old innertube around the cylinder to give you more purchace to counterhold the cylinder while trying to undo the shaft cap. I had it happen to me once with either the main cylinder or the piggy back chamber but I got it undone holding it with the innertube.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tried that, gave up as I felt it starting to slip. Don’t fancy paying for a new body as well as a service.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Avalanche Speed Sensitive Damper upgrade on a DHX?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox DHX 5.0 home service’ is closed to new replies.