Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox Crush washers
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but…….

After a recent rather hefty bill, from Mojo (I know, should have used TFT!), I've realised that I need to take even more care of my Fox forks.

Now, taking the lowers off and cleaning them is a simple job, and something I'm capable of doing myself so I'll be doing this regularly. However, I'm trying to find a supplier of the crush washers. Has anybody got any idea where I can buy them without having to get the seals as well. Or are there any alternative washers I can use?
    Trying to get a pre-used one back down the thread is a pain in ar5e!

IamSam
    Free Member
    el_diablo
    Free Member

Cheers,

How the hell I missed them………….. 😳

el_diablo
    Free Member

What's so special about these crush washers that makes them 75p each?

Has anyone used an alternative? I know it sounds like I'm being tight, I probably am!

IamSam
    Free Member

After a recent rather hefty bill, from Mojo

^

they are a bit expensive for what they are but as you said cheaper than the alternative 🙂

greeble
    Free Member

considering you complain that it cost to much to repair a set of forks that wern't looked after. i'd say yes.

guitarhero
    Free Member

can't you just reuse? Don't believe the service instructions to use new crush washers every time

cp

I just file the inside diameter of the ones I've taken off and put them back on. the washer is plastic and just crushes into the thread of the shaft, effectively making a lock-nut as you tighten the main nut onto it. if you just file away the threads that form in the crush washer, you have a new crush washer. you probably get three or four goes with the file before you need new washers.

el_diablo
    Free Member

greeble – Member
    considering you complain that it cost to much to repair a set of forks that wern't looked after. i'd say yes.

I wasn't complaining that it cost too much, I merely said it was a hefty bill, one that I don't particularly want to pay again.! And as far as I was aware I was looking after them. I have regularly lifted out the seals and lubed the foam rings with Float Fluid, as was recommended by Fox. Only recently have Mojo added the video on their website, instructing me to remove the lowers and add fresh oil. In fact, as far as I can see on the Fox website, it doesn't even mention removing the lowers as part of routine maintenance!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox Crush washers’ is closed to new replies.