Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox 2014 CTD shock problems
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Hoping some of you can give some sensible advice. Noticed last night that my CTD shock is running through it’s travel easily whether on C, T or D. We rode a last section last night which wasn’t that involved with it on Descend and it used up nearly all the travel.

Also, noticing that my pedals are hitting the ground loads more recently which I can only think is due to the travel being used up too easily. My pedal caught a stump last night which sent me over the bars landing and sliding along the ground on my head into a bush.

Part of me thinks this is normal but another part makes me think this is not right.

Anyway to check to see if this is a problem?

somafunk

You do have the correct air pressure in the shock don’t you?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, running about 27% sag. Checked it this morning

matther01
    Free Member

What bike is it? Does already have a low BB? My CTD just doesn’t do my Bandit justice for the same reason you mention. You could try spacers or a push tune?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Canyon spectral, felt fine until recently and now seems hardly if any difference between settings

somafunk

Is there an audible squish sort of sound coming from the shock?, if so then the nitrogen may have leaked into the air chamber – when is the last time it was serviced?, if you’re riding for a couple of hours a week then i’d expect to service it twice a year.

Loco/Tf Tuned/Jay-tech or your own preferred service guys to sort it out for you

Bushwacked
    Free Member

It seems much more baggy / active than before but not heard an audible squish.

Shock is 3 months old. Riding probably 4-6 hours a week.

LoCo
    Free Member

Return to mojo for a warranty inspection, maybe air seals negatively charging, or could be damper unit itself

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ok, will drop them a line

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Is there an audible squish sort of sound coming from the shock?

Just emptied all the air from the shock and re-set the sag (to about 18%). There is a slight difference between Descend and Climb but Climb is still really active compared to what I remember it being. Plus there is a weird sound coming from the bike now – not quite a squish but something like that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox 2014 CTD shock problems’ is closed to new replies.