PSA – 20% off 2014 Pikes & Revelations

Home Forum Bike Forum PSA – 20% off 2014 Pikes & Revelations

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA – 20% off 2014 Pikes & Revelations
  • LoCo

That’d be ok if they actually were using the correct RRP to work the out discount on πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Ooh, look, you can lease forks now.

And 2 years servicing is included. Apparently.

It’s the future, Loco, and it’s here now.

cruzer

Think leasing forks is a great idea! well for me anyways as I get bored far too easily and end up buying new kit for the hell of it :D. seriously toying with the idea of going down the lease route on my next set,but each to their own ay πŸ™‚

Great domain name..

Bikes ****

cruzer

Just seen a post up on facebook from the guys at Bike Swanky for 20% off brand new Pikes & Revelations!!

Click here for the link

swanky

Great domain name..

Bikes ****

Or Bike Swanky gravity-slave πŸ™‚

Either way, you’ll remember it πŸ™‚

nealy

10% off at Merlin this weekend so cheaper http://bikes.merlincycles.com/search?view=grid&cnt=32&w=pike#

or from ze germans if they have them in stock http://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/bike-parts-3/brand-rock_shox/o-relevance/q-pike

I’m sure there are cheaper again if you spend a few minutes searching

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

That Merlin sale’s been on for ages too, not just a “this weekend” thing.

swanky

Not Β£26 per month though Nealy

b45her

OEM RC damper forks advertised at the RRP of full retail RCT3 forks.

i’d avoid the dodgy ****ts.

rj

Winstanleys still seem to be the cheapest in the UK.

Pauly

Does indeed look like false advertising…

swanky

We’ll not hold our breath for any orders from your good self then, b45her πŸ™‚

Nothing dodgy about us though. I’m not quite sure what you’re spelling out from the number of asterisks used πŸ™‚ Just in case you needed any clarification though, one of us has female anatomy whilst the rest of us have male appendages. So far, anyway. Hopefully, there will be a better balance in time.

I’ll be sure to ensure that the team all checks themselves thoroughly though, to be doubly confident that there is nothing dodgy going on and that we all have the anatomy that we claim to have.

You are absolutely correct to highlight that the forks are OEM; nevertheless, they are available on 2 years 0% finance. You might be hard pressed to find forks of this ilk available elsewhere with a discount and at 0% finance (maybe you would on a bike, I suppose πŸ™‚ )

Feel free to continue making your comments if you wish, however, everyone here at Bike Swanky will remain focused upon helping out cyclists to the best of our ability and in any way we can, as we have done from our inception.

Our focus on this particular offer was upon making some high quality and somewhat expensive forks accessible to more cyclists who are seeking an upgrade.

We do not generally concentrate on discounts. We don’t see a correlation between discounting and service. Providing a high quality service to cyclists is what we enjoy doing. It’s easy enough to “stack ’em high and sell ’em cheap”. It’s not so easy to deliver service and value.

We’re more about offering as broad a range as possible, in as cost effective way as possible, with the best service level we can. On this occassion, an offer became available to us that we thought might work well for other MTBers. Of course, it is perfectly acceptable if you do not agree with us. However, if you met us and spoke with us you might come to the opinion that, actually, we’re not so dodgy after all.

You’ll find our number on our website. Feel free to call and ask for me and I’ll happily talk to you.

Best regards

Paul
    Managing Director

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

You don’t seem to gave addressed what they are advertised with a false RRP?

chip

I would not call them dodgy as that would imply some sort of illegality in the way they went about their business.

Either way, you’ll remember it

But I do indeed remember the name from a thread some time ago where if I remember correctly someone was renting a very expensive bike on what I considered to be ridicules terms.

But the poster seemed very pleased with the deal especially as he could hand it back after a couple of years with absolutely nothing to show for his outlay because he would be getting another brand new rental in exchange.

If people want to do business with bike swanky more fool them in my view, but it’s up to them.

Although I agree a shameless spam post.

swanky

Hi Chip

Thanks for posting. Perhaps you have not had the opportunity to notice that we also sell as well as lease now.

It’s only natural that our customers should choose the option that suits them best. For some it is cash purchases, for others 2 years 0% finance, and for the majority, leasing works well for them.

Our customers all have numerous reasons for choosing us and their respective payment option. Reassuringly, I can say with 100% confidence that none of them are fools. Neither have they been fooled.

There’s a lot more to what we do than perhaps you are aware of. I’d be happy to discuss it with you.

Overall, it seems that there is an excess of negativity floating around this thread for this fine Sunday evening.

You may have heard this one before Chip, b45her and pauly, but here is a little joke about those of us who may have a little excess negativity in us:

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade.

A woman was at her hairdresser’s getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded,
    “Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It’s crowded and dirty. You’re crazy to go to Rome . How are you getting there?”

“We’re taking Continental,” was the reply. “We got a great rate!”

“Continental?” exclaimed the hairdresser. “That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they’re always late. Where are you staying in Rome?”

“We’ll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome’s Tiber River called Teste.”

“Don’t go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks it’s gonna be something special and exclusive, but it’s really a dump.”

“We’re going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope.”

“That’s rich,” laughed the hairdresser. You and a million other people are trying to see him. He’ll look about the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You’re going to need it.”

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .

“It was wonderful,” explained the woman, “Not only were we on time in one of Continental’s brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class.. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28 year old steward who waited on me hand and foot.
    The hotel was great! They’d just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it’s a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner’s suite at no extra charge!”

“Well,” muttered the hairdresser, “that’s all well and good, but I know you didn’t get to see the Pope.”

“Actually, we were quite lucky. As we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I’d be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me.”

“Oh, really! What’d he say?”

He said, “Who f***ed up your hair?”

I’d just like to add that our customers are very happy with their “hairdos” πŸ™‚

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Great joke.. now about that rrp?

swanky

Great joke.. now about that rrp?

Cloudnine, I should have also mentioned that we do listen to feedback.

We’ve adjusted the RRPs on the site for the Pikes.

I’d be very greatful if you have any further feedback on the matter.

I hope you have better bikes than jokes πŸ™‚

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Don’t spose you have any mint sauce keyrings?

chip

I blinking love Rome me, and I saw the pope when attending midnight mass Xmas 2000.
    Where I was right at the front, I could easily have knocked his hat off with a tennis ball if I had one.

But I still would not do business with you, but that’s me.

Pauly

I knew that you couldn’t come up with that pseudo feel-good, b-rate therapy clap-trap story bout the holiday in Rome, so I googled the first paragraph.

Which website did you cut & paste it from..?

PS – your product descriptions are still a bit mis-leading.

swanky

Hello Pauly,

We’ve added a note regarding the fact that these forks are OE. Like I said, we listen.

You might already know this but I’ll explain anyway: the way that many of the online retailers offer such large discounts is that they have agreements with manufacturers to take their excess component stock to sell.

In our case we have access to only about 20 of each, rather than the 100s that are usually sourced by others that have been mentioned in these posts.

Our offer is mainly focused upon making these available in a cost effective manner and with the option of having them fitted if needed. The reason we can do this is that we’re not just an online retailer.

With regards to the joke, yes it was googled. I’m just not that good at coming up with original jokes on the spur of the moment. The good news is that I’m completely comfortable with that πŸ™‚ I googled “Quips about negativity” and there it was. Your comments kind of highlight that you may have missed the point, though.

Nevertheless, maybe there was some positive done, as your final comment was a lot more constructive. So thanks for that.

swanky

All the 26″ have gone now. A few 27.%” available.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA – 20% off 2014 Pikes & Revelations’ is closed to new replies.