Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Forum user history?
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Does anyone know a bloke called Christopher Gould from Livingston, Scotland?
    I bought a phone from him over 3 weeks ago for our sons Christmas present.
    Nothing received in the post and no response from emails.

DrP

Just claim back via paypal.

Unless….

DrP

zilog6128

that name is mentioned on this thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bank-transfers-using-iban-etc

I’m guessing he isn’t a member of this site at all and just emailed you after you posted a wanted ad?

Kryton57

Have you tried calling him?

njee20
    Free Member

Welcome to the forum OP.

muddy247
    Free Member

Buga, after reading the link above it would appear I’ve been fleeced.
    Payment was into a Norwegian bank but as I’d had several contact emails and pictures of the item
    I felt it safe to proceed. Is there anything I can do to get my money back?

I was given an address and mobile number- mobile is no longer in use and directory enquirys doesn’t find anything on the details I was given.
    I’ve bought and sold on the forum for years and never had a problem like this before.
    I understand I should have asked his forum name as he emailed rather than posting on the forum

bearnecessities

njee20 – Member
    Welcome to the forum OP.

People do lurk you know; perfectly acceptable considering the level of dross that’s often posted!

Edit: Yes, you’ll have to just chalk it up OP. Hope it wasn’t too much of an expensive lesson. Scamming thieving shits.

njee20
    Free Member

Of course it is. Just find classified only posters annoying, even more so when their first post (I realise the OP has actually ended up here before once or twice) is to say “my classified transaction went wrong”, which is a common occurrence.

bearnecessities

..and the OP isn’t one of them.

bencooper
    Free Member

Payment was into a Norwegian bank but as I’d had several contact emails and pictures of the item
    I felt it safe to proceed. Is there anything I can do to get my money back?

No, if it was a bank transfer then there’s no way to get your money back unless the recipient returns it.

muddy247
    Free Member

I haven’t started many threads but I wouldn’t consider myself a classifieds only forum user.
    Over £100 lost so it’s not a cheap lesson to learn!

damascus
    Free Member

As njee says. Check out someone’s feed back and previous posts before you buy. If you do buy something from a user, leave feed back for the next user.

I once put a couple of wanted adds up for a new build and the same bloke emailed me saying he had just what I needed. When I asked him for his user name he never came back.

And always use PayPal (not gift)

DezB
    Free Member

Payment was into a Norwegian bank …
    I felt it safe to proceed

Wow, really? No alarm bells at all?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got a phone for sale, no bank here though just post the cash….

Sorry you got scammed but it’s one of the more brash and obvious ones. You could try contacting the bank & Norwegian police alerting them to a fraudster but it probably won’t do any good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Forum user history?’ is closed to new replies.