Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Formulae R1s brakes in the Alps, will I die?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Just wondering, never taken them there before as I always used my trusty but very old Magura Louise FR’s

pinetree
    Free Member

Ah, you’ll be reet. I’ve got those brakes, and they were fine when I was in Morocco (descents of 45mins or so)

if you’re worried, just use them less and go faster 🙂

dan45a
    Free Member

They should be fine, they are or we’re really good brakes. More depends on your rotor size and are they working properly with good pads fitted. I’ve used them with 200mm rotors in the alps, no issues at all.

I used some brand new hope tech v2 for the mega few years ago and will never touch hope again as a result, they really let me down all through the trip. So disappointing.

stugus
    Free Member

You’ll be fine – I’d suggest taking some spare pads though, finding spares like pads in shops in the alps is hard work and if you can find some they’re bloody expensive.

Monster101

Used them in some blistering descents in lake garda last year, no issues until final run of the day, lever bolt worked its way loose and lost the bolt. No front break for my last descent from Nago to Torbole so not too bad.

Make sure everything tight!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Formulae R1s brakes in the Alps, will I die?’ is closed to new replies.