Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Formula RX V Hope Tech X2 brakes
  • xcstu
    Free Member

Looking at the above too… anyone have any pref.. pro’s v cons?

Cheers Stu

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive had both – the rx’s are leagues ahead – hope lovers will tell you otherwise but they seem much more powerful to me, and have a much nicer feel to them in general!

rx’s can be had about half the price too if you look around!

cracking brakes!

uplink
    Free Member

I find them about as powerful as each other TBH

after trying both – I’ve ordered a set of X2s for £280, they just felt better to me

rx’s can be had about half the price too if you look around!

If RXs are available for £140/pr inc mounts and rotors – I’ll be seriously pissed off 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

£160 uplink, 180mm rotors hardware kit and the lot! in lovely white too 😆

sorry to piss you off 🙁

uplink
    Free Member

go on then, let’s have a link, I may buy some for the next build

xcstu
    Free Member

Cheers guys…

it is becoming a toss up on price.. I can pick up the hopes from merlin for 95quid each with vip discount (without adaptors and rotors)

or Formula’s for 113 each for CR (prob again without rotors and adaptors)

…have been a loyal hope fan but tried some formula’s at the weekend ;-/

xcstu
    Free Member
    uplink
    Free Member

I’d hang on for Oscillate Wildly’s source

£160 all up for the pair is mega cheap

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

its from a french shop called purebike.fr i think….the stuffs at home, ordered on a wednesday and they delivered friday morning….cant fault them, that said you will need a bleed kit and hose shorten kit so add perhaps another 30quid if the hoses arent correct….

still a cracking bargain though, i am mightly impressed by the power and feel…the lever is lovely on them, really is!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yep thats them! they come OEM no branded box but everything is legit and ok etc ….

boxelder

EU200 in black (2011 version)

X2’s for me still. Hope service – winner every time

humdinger
    Free Member

+1 for formula. Used to have mix of Hope and Shimano brakes but have since changed all bikes over to Rx for hardtail, R1 for XC race bike and The One MY10s for AM/DHer. The modulation, feel are similar to hope if not slightly more modulated but I felt quite a difference in power in favor of Formulas. Hope customer service is first rate I agree, but as is Formula’s, it’s just not British. But the decider for me was price. I can get brand new Rx’s in black or white, with rotors and fitting kit for £180 and I’ve seen the white OEM ones at £160 or cheaper without rotors. The value can’t be beaten when the Hope’s will run you ~£240 inc rotor kit etc.

br
    Free Member

I went Hope X2’s recently after many years of Juicy troubles, very happy, decent price and they are British.

Plus look bling.

Whyte1
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced some R1’s with the X2’s
    R1’s
    Slightly more power
    Weight
    Eat pads real fast

Hope X2’s
    BRITISH
    Modulation
    Dont eat pads Leaver feel
    Customer back up
    BRITISH
    Hope’s every time

Rorschach
    Free Member

New Shimano xts.If they are only half as good as my xtr’s but cheaper they will be the best brake out there by a country mile.

IanW
    Free Member

I like my hopes easily lock up either wheel on tarmac, how much more power should I want/need?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Formula RX V Hope Tech X2 brakes’ is closed to new replies.