Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Formula RX brakes
  • sonofapitch
    Free Member

Is there any way to make the bite point closer to the bars?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I presume you’ve adjusted the grub screw on the lever? There’s no hotel point adjustment like you might get on Shimano XT or Avid Elixir.

I always thought my RX brakes were quite squishy and had a bite point close to the bars. As with other brakes then probably your only option after the grub screw is to let some fluid out?

neninja
    Free Member

You can buy an aftermarket FCS kit which alters the bite point.

DanW
    Free Member

Simply adjust the levers to be closer to the bars? Lever travel would remain the same but the bite point would be closer to the bars. If you want more dead lever travel then all you could really try is a little less fluid in the system but I don’t think this is a good idea. Most people tend to like less dead lever travel and Formula is one of the few companies who produce brakes good at this. I don’t think they are designed to have dead lever travel or pull close to the bars even with less fluid in. In fact the short lever travel is something of a selling point

sonofapitch
    Free Member

They are on my girlfriends new Zesty and she has quite small hands.
    Rather than being over stretched it would be better to have the bite point closer to the grip.

simonbea
    Free Member

Have you adjusted the grub screw to bring the levers in?

blueraven
    Free Member

There is a small screw on the outside/front of the R1 lever, you can wind the lever in or out using a small allen key to suit.

messiah
    Free Member

Hmmm, when I first tried them I had the lever as close to bar as it would go and I have medium hands. By going one finger braking I’m now middle of the adjustment… they are great brakes and one finger is all you need so worth a little perseverence. Hope this was helpful.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

By grub screw do you guys mean the little torx screw on the outside of the lever next to the hose?

hilton83
    Free Member

That torx screw is for bleeding, the one for reach adjust is in a slot on the front of the lever inside your inside braking finger if you put an allen key in it it would point almost straight forwards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Formula RX brakes’ is closed to new replies.