Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Formula R1 reach adjust
  • simonm
    Free Member

Second reach adjust question of the night, but, on the MTB I have a set of R1s…and ive got stumpy hands, so even wound right in they just fall about 6mm/8mm out of my reach. What I really need is some custom levers, anyone know if I can source custom brake levers for the R1s, or even someone who can make me up some levers that will suite my stumpy hobbit like hands ?

Cheers.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

You run them in board? The kink in the leaver should be where your finger goes.

simonm
    Free Member

that’s where they are ! …. very stumpy fingers 😉

I can usually live with them, but after a bleed of the rear Its very firm and I just can’t quite sit on them. Had to stop a descent on Friday as I just couldn’t get enough finger round the lever.
    Was playing with some sort of wedge under the clamp to just tip them inwards by a few degrees.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Ah firm leaver. Mine was similar after 18 months abuse. And one side would not retract fully. They just gone off for repair. It maybe that yours are too firm after bleed or need repair? The adjuster in the handle should be able to screw them in quite close to the bar. Warning – its not a hex key but very small torq. Hex will just round off the adjuster.

Great brakes the best I have used.

simonm
    Free Member

ahh, thats intresting, so could actually be an issue with the lever then.. ta.

yeh, amazing brakes.

simonm
    Free Member

even wound right in on the good one, there not quite in a perfect position

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Like I said I think you need the other one serviced.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Up date – mine now back on bike and fuly serviced and adjusted to really close to bar if needed. Before servie they stayed way to far away.

simonm
    Free Member

Fixed mine, I released a little bit of oil and now there all good.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Good news. My LBS did mine 🙂 Great brakes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Formula R1 reach adjust’ is closed to new replies.