Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • formula oro brake pad adjustment
  • sadexpunk

just changed to new pads. took wheel out, pushed pistons back flush with casing, fitted new pads. wheel span fine.

but after braking a couple of times, the pads arent really going back flush, theyre staying put a bit and rubbing on the wheel. stopping it after a couple of revs.

i was under the impression, the k24s adjusted themselves, so is there nowt i can do?

if i opened the bleed screw a little and squeezed some fluid out, then tightened it before letting go of the lever would that help?

cheers

FuzzyWuzzy

Might be worth cleaning around the pistons a bit in case they’re sticking (I just use some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton wool bud then use another bud to put some dot fluid around the piston to lubricate it a bit). Failing that you could try realigning the caliper by loosening the mount bolts then squeezing the brakes on whilst tightening up the bolts

Edit – oh and I wouldn’t let fluid out or you’ll end up with spongy brakes that will need bleeding. Unless you also recently bled the brakes with the pistons not retracted then I can’t see why an excess of fluid would suddenly be an issue.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Did you clean the pistons or just shove all the accumulated much from your rides into the seals?
    😉

sadexpunk

just investigated further, and looks like yes, its a sticky piston. one works fine the other doesnt, but once its out a bit, it doesnt go back.

ive had it out a few mm, cleaned it with disc brake cleaner, then a few drops of dot fluid, but still the same. mebbes needs servicing.

and yes, it probably has got all the accumulated sh*te back in the seals 🙁 wasnt really aware that i needed to clean em before stuffing them back, but i do now. dur 🙁

as it stands, ive put an old set of pads in again, and its rideable. and ill take another pair of worn pads in case i need another set. not really the way to go about things, but itll hopefully get me through tomorrow, then ill have to sort it properly.

thanks 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Might need a new piston seal, might be able to rescue it by just cleaning it a few times, cycling the piston back and forth with plenty of DOT and then going and getting them proper hot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘formula oro brake pad adjustment’ is closed to new replies.