Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Formula Bleed Kit
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

Silverfish have taken over Formula in the UK but you cannot get a bleed kit for love nor money. have anyone tried the uni ones off ebay and do they work ok? im not paying £39.99 for an Avid one sorry

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ruthland Cyclind do a

Quad Technology 2 Syringe Bleed Kit with Adaptors

for £13 that works perfectly on Oros and Juicy’s IME. No fluid though.

Sorry I cant link to it directly?

stayhigh
    cubemeup
    Free Member

i got RX, does it only come with one tube?

iain1775
    Free Member

yes they work fine
    You can get Avid ones for less than £40 though – £30 at Merlin or All terrian Cycles, and dont forget that does include some DOT fluid
    try these – http://www.reddogracing.co.uk/itemlisting.php?cat=Bleed_Kit
    They have the same tube lock off as the official Avid kits, in fact pretty much identical in every way and only £12-£15

TooTall
    Free Member

The Quad one works fine with Avid Elixirs.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

We are hoping to have stock of bleed kits, spares and brakes before Christmas if you can wait that long?

Richie

Bimbler
    Free Member

Good news that another distributor had picked up Formula, lets hope they do a more complete job than their predecessors, who admittedly were great when I needed them.

cubemeup
    Free Member

richie, whos going to stock them in south wales?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Cubemeup

I’m afraid its too early in the process for me to be able to tell you who will be actual stockist of Formula, however, we do already deal with a lot of stores nationwide and things such as spares will be available to order through any one of these stores.

Take a look at the dealer listings for our current brands to see who the nearest store for you is at http://www.silverfish-uk.com.

Cheers

julianwilson
    Free Member

Richie: any chance of you doing ‘small’ spares?

Previously the only way to get some small parts like the lever bushings was by buying them in a kit with some stuff you didn’t need (-totalling £60 just to be able to replace the four plastic bushings on my otherwise lovely-working levers.)

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hey Julian

As above its a bit early for specific’s I’m afraid. It mighht be that Formula themselves will only supply small parts such as those you need in a comlete kit, as such there’s very little we can do.

That said, we try to provide ‘small part spares’ for all of our brands so it will be something we’ll be pushing for.

Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Formula Bleed Kit’ is closed to new replies.