Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks not operating at full travel
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Just home from todays ride, thought I’d measure how much travel i’m getting out of my forks.

Seems my 150mm travel revelations have only 140mm of stanchion showing, i’m certain they were not like this when they arrived.

Any ideas what might be wrong??

tpbiker
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/possibly-daft-question-about-my-marz-forks

Similar issue here. I fixed it by increasing the pressure to counter the negative coil. Don’t know much about Revs, but don’t they have a negative air chamber. Maybe drop the air pressure out of that a bit?

mattjevans
    Free Member

Brought the wrong bike home?

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ll check pressures at some point, but they sag at the right level so I’m not increasing the positive spring.

Might be neg. spring I suppose.

PrinceJohn

I had similar with Reba’s – about 5-10psi out of the negative chamber sorted I think…

Wozza
    Free Member

Yeah if they’re dual air they’ll suck down a little bit. When you’re setting the neg pressure as soon as this happens you’re probably at the sweet spot. I think peterpoddy did a good guide/post on how to set them up.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

You need to set (sag) the Positive air side up with no Neg air press in the chamber.
    Then set the neg side with the same pressure as the positve side +/- 5 psi depending on how you like them to feel, +press = more small bump movment. – press bit more hash, stiffer.

Conan257
    Free Member

They were set up properly on day 1, but appear to have moved since then…

I’m hoping air hasn’t migrated into the neg spring…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks not operating at full travel’ is closed to new replies.