Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork help..z1 light or Fox 36 talas r?
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hi git a marz Z1 light eta, 150 mm travel having real problems setting it up played around for last 3 months but it seems to either dive though its travel and the eta is not effective ith to liitle air pressure or ride hard but eta works…I weigh 200lbs. So do i carry on with the z1 or do I get a 07 Fox 36 r??

Help and opinions please

Thanks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have one on the tandem – took a fair bit of setting it up for us – as you say either plunging thru the travel or ramping up too quickly – My solution was to put some mechanical preload on the spring side using a bit of tubing above the spring. IIRC I put 15mm of preload on the spring side which means the fork rides a bit higher than it would with the same air pressure without the mechanical preload. This worked fine for us.

heihei

Surprised you have problems. Have them on my new DW Spot (and previously a load of other bikes) and love them. They are sensitive to the pre-load air pressure, and I found they need a bit more than Marz recommends. From memory I tend to run 30-40psi on mine and I weigh ~175lbs.

Doug
    Free Member

I used to run 06 Z1SL’s whcih have the same air preload in the right leg and currently have some 07 AM2’s which are a very similar fork to the Z1 light (coil ETA 1 side and air other).

I weigh 240lb and had the same problem, On both forks I added oil in the right leg so when the fork was fully compressed the oil was pretty much where the bottom of the top cap seats. I’ll never get the last 5-10mm of travel but it lets me run a lower preload pressure without blowing through the travel as quick.

hicksville
    Free Member

Anyone experience of the fox talas 36r’s????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork help..z1 light or Fox 36 talas r?’ is closed to new replies.