Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dead Humax
  • plant
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a 3 year old Humax 9200T PVR that doesn’t want to work – it starts then freezes after 10 secs or so – I’ve done the usual reboot etc…..

Anyone else experienced similar? Is it a new box?

I can’t live without my Humax – the grief my daughter is giving because she can’t pause the TV!!!!! 😀 😀

Cheers,

ton

satellite or aerial.

plant
    Free Member

Aerial

(wouldn’t be 3 years old if satellite?)

🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

I’ve had my Topfield go the same way. It’s either a hard disk issue or the PSU is not giving a decent 5v signal due to some capacitors failing over time. I know a Toppy isn’t a Humax but it could well be disk related. Is there any clicking or unusual sounds coming from the box on startup?

ton

we have been selling humax satellite boxes for 8 yrs.
    start with connections on the box, check cable for splits, has your aerial moved.
    and i can sell you a new aerial one or a satellite with pvr if you need one.

Surfr
    Free Member

Why would cables affect the boot process 10 seconds in though? It’s more likely that a component is failing during POST or when first accessed by the firmware.

atlaz
    Free Member

ton – You doing the Humax HD Freesat PVR? If so I might have a sale for you (assuming my old man hasn’t bought his already)

ton

no one mention boot process
    quote plant…it starts then freezes after 10 secs or so

which on most av equipment means loss of signal strength.

nukeproof
    Free Member

I can’t live without my Humax

Can’t help with issue but got to agree they are fantastic and a total bargain; think we paid about £120 for our Humax 8000T about 3 years ago.

ton

atlaz, we are mate.
    waiting list at the mo. £219 trade i think. you trade????

atlaz
    Free Member

Unfortunately not. I think we might have a ltd company floating around somewhere though.

ton

should be ok then.

AT
    Free Member

I think you have got the wrong forum. Try here Humax Forum.

iht4
    Free Member

hummy forum the way forward.
    I had an issue recently and was fixed by following the instructions here – not sure if it is the same issue though
    huumy.org

good luck

plant
    Free Member

I can’t see it’s cables and the TV works fine through a normal freeview box, so I’m assuming it’s the Humax failing on early start operation. No noises at all, just stops and wonm’t respond to any buttons on the front – even the standby – have to use the switrch on the back!

Will go see Humax forum (didn’t realise there was one).

Ta,

plant
    Free Member

That Humax Forum was the answer – take out the aerial, fire iit up, reset to default then put the aerial back. Perfect!

Thanks,

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Arse – wish I had seen that… mine did the exact same thing you are describing a couple of months back – decided to replace it with a Sony hard disk/dvd recorder. Not a bad choice mind, but I did loose the second tuner option.

Kind of thinking of buying a second telly sometime anyway, so will follow the instructions and fire the Humax into that probably.

plant
    Free Member

Rob,

Don’t know I could live without the flexibility of two tuners and pause TV – is it any wonder I’m a couch potato!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dead Humax’ is closed to new replies.