Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork fitting question…
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I have a frame with a tapered headtube with a hope tapered headset.

I have bought some forks which are 1.1/8th and then bought this small adapter…
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-tapered-1-5-reducer-crown/rp-prod71609

this is what it looks like on the fork…

And I am a bit stuck as to how you put it on, the thing basically acts as a crown race on the 1.1/8th steerer then gives you a 1.5” steerer but doesnt fit directly into the bottom cup of the headset, however when I add this piece… (the crown race from the 1.5” steerer it was on before, it still does not seem to fit…

Any help appreciated!

tinglesrack
    Free Member

The crown race in your palm is currently upside down

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

tinglesrac, I know that much thankfully! Thanks for the reply though.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Is that the correct crownrace for your headset?
    Does the 1.5 adapter crownrace fit into the lower headset cup without fowling on the inside of the bearing?

Sancho
    Free Member

hard to see but is that the piece that sits on top of your top bearing?

the lower crown race would have a chamfer on the outside

RustyMac

Can you not put the crown race over the adapter piece? it is ment to sit on the bottom section it may be a snug fit.

Once that is in place the bottom bearing should sit as per normal between the lower crown race and the lower headset cup.

As you suspect the adapter bit essentially just bulks out the lower part of the steerer and provide somewhere to locate the 1.5 lower crown race so it should not affect the fit of the headset.

robhughes
    Free Member

I once had a touch of alzheimera on this matter.Thankfully this passed. 😉
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/am-i-just-stupid-but-how-does-this-hope-15-reducer-work

chico66
    Free Member

Well it’s on the fork the right way so if you’ve got the right bit in your hand then no reason why it shouldn’t work.

Here’s a pic of one inserted in the headset of my Genesis Alpitude. The spacer is at the bottom with the 1.5″ crown race fitted on it

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

alright guys, got it on, thanks for the help!

Rob – seems like I had the same case as you! haha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork fitting question…’ is closed to new replies.