Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forestry sell-off threat…again!
  • bowglie

Surprise surprise…..despite the success of the previous public campaign, the Govt hasn’t really given up on selling our Forests.

I’m guessing (or hoping) that someone has already posted a link to this website & petition, but if you haven’t seen it already, please take a look and sign the petition if you’re concerned.

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/keep-our-woods-safe

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

It’s just rumours at this stage so I’m not convinced this 38degrees campaign will mean much and I’d be really surprised if the government wanted to start that fight all over again when you consider how bloodied they were in the last one.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I assume this does not affect Scotland.

bowglie

It’s just rumours at this stage so I’m not convinced this 38degrees campaign will mean much and I’d be really surprised if the government wanted to start that fight all over again when you consider how bloodied they were in the last one.

Call me a cynical old s*d, but the current Govt are so amateurish, I’m guessing they’ve probably forgotten all about the last campaign – or are so desperate to rake in some cash that they’ll try anything, as long as it doesn’t involve any of their big financial backers paying corporation tax.

bowglie

I assume this does not affect Scotland.

I don’t think it does. However, if you’re a UK tax payer, there’s nothing to stop you signing the petition if you support the campaign.

rusty90
    Free Member

There are worrying rumours of a behind-the-scenes effort to revive plans to sell off England’s woodlands.

Are there? Who says?

Next week, the government panel will publish a new report on the future of our woodlands

Probably worth reading to see what it says then.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

We need to stay on top of this, the vested commercial interests within Government are very strong.

DezB
    Free Member

Why thanks for that link Nicknoxx. How my day needed that. 😥

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forestry sell-off threat…again!’ is closed to new replies.