Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • … for they know not what they do …
  • stuckinarut
    Free Member

I am about to set off on my daily commute. Before I leave, I must apologise.

Last night was my leaving do from work, and amongst my leaving pressies was a cycling jersey. It's a very nice jersey. But not just any cycling jersey. They gave me a replica maillot jaune *gasp* 😯

Now I will be expected to arrive wearing it today. Please don't hurt me too badly…

andylaightscat
    Free Member

put it on just before you get to work

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry, me no understand. What's wrong with wearing it? 😕

samuri
    Free Member

I would guess your major issue is going to be that every single person who sees you is going to want a race. What a brilliant idea!

scaredypants

yeah, get "Yur slow" written on the back at the bottom & away you go !

(can you get red with white dots – anti-king of the mountains ?)

stuckinarut
    Free Member

More than everyone wanting to race me, it was more I felt I had to utterly destroy any other cyclist in defence of my yellow jersey 😀

(ok, so the only other cyclist I saw was quite elderly and going quite slowly on knobbly tyres. But I did give him a friendly Morning!, as I screamed past grinding the biggest gear I could find 😉 )

Actually far from being embarrassed about sporting the maillot jaune, I actually love riding in it – it's a very nice shirt. My yellow-framed Spesh Singletracks really set off the whole ensemble I think 😀

So before critisising anyone sporting the replica mantle of the leader of the Tour de France. I say try it. You might like it. And what's wrong with expressing your love of the sport through apparel?

The real test will come tonight on my way home, as I normally get caught up in the skin-suited, pointy-helmetted, time trialists on the A31.

njee20
    Free Member

Make sure you set off just behind a fast one and infront of a slow one, then you should avoid being seen.

AndyP
    Free Member

Now I will be expected to arrive wearing it today. Please don't hurt me too badly…
    just explain to them that it would be very, very, very wrong to wear it.

And what's wrong with expressing your love of the sport through apparel?
    nothing (unless you're over 12 and we're talking replica football kit), but that's a different story to wearing the maillot jaune…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘… for they know not what they do …’ is closed to new replies.