Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Food banned from office
  • paulwf

A KFC opened yesterday, and today an email has been sent banning it from the office due to greasy fingers on keyboards.

I am sure recently I heard of a court case where a junk food company successfully overturned a ban on a type of food from a workplace?

Anybody remember what this case was?

Cheers
    Paul

soobalias
    Free Member

if people are gonna eat in the office, im gonna smoke.

camo16
    Free Member

if people are gonna smoke in the office, I’m gonna do meth.

wwaswas

there was a ‘no hot food’ rule somewhere I worked.

the ventilation system managed to circulate the odour of people’s curry left overs throughout the building in about 20 minutes.

people who wanted hot food eat in their cars.

camo16
    Free Member

Are you thinking about trying to overturn the KFC statute?

paulwf

I don’t really care, (well I will if they ban me from having my porridge in the morning).

They are just banning KFC, not any other hot food.

I was sure I read about a case where it was said they couldn’t just ban one make of food

trail_rat
    Free Member

id ban it due to the smell…..

smelly food is banned from the office.

banks
    Free Member

Banned hot food here, sick of the smell of shite curry’s, crap food and people not cleaning the kitchen.

jaymoid

That’s a pretty pathetic reason.

If only there was something that could be done in between eating the KFC and using the computer, to prevent grease from the hands being transferred onto the computer?!?! hmmm … *think* *think* *cogs whirring* *think* *think* *think* … hmmm nope, not a clue – BAN ALL GREASY FOODS.

I remember when a company I used to work for banned us from using plastic beakers (instead of the disposable plastic cups) with the water cooler because they used up too much water. Pathetic. I think they hated the environment or oil or something.

oh and sorry, I don’t know the answer.

Losidan
    Free Member

If there is no hot food at desks policy (as I have come against before) what is the policy on food reheated then left to cool before heating?

soobalias
    Free Member

if ur on the meth, i wan sum.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Someone here insists on having microwave steamed green veg for lunch every day. It has been pointed out to him that it makes the whole floor smell like someone has sharted but still it continues.

trail_rat
    Free Member

throw the microwave out the window.

thatll solve it.

i once worked with someone who microwaved brocolli then stuck tomato puree on it…… *waves* im sure she or her B/f are on here 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

throw the microwave out the window.

thatll solve it.

It exploded* last month. They now microwave it downstairs but the smell filters up anyway.

*literally exploded

emsz
    Free Member

We have that policy as well. Having seen how my manager eats that’s absolutely fine 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

“They now microwave it downstairs but the smell filters up anyway.”

take microwave upstairs a chuck it out the window. (or remove the fuse)

camo16
    Free Member

if ur on the meth, i wan sum.

Scchhuuuuweeet

binners

How does a ‘no hot food’ rule apply to a Greggs lunchtime feast? As after Pastie-gate, technically its not hot, its ambient. You could taunt people with a steak bake 😀

warton
    Free Member

taunt me with a greggsies and i’d have your fingers off.

No steak bake is safe around me

BoardinBob

We have a hot food at desks ban. Stemmed from the time there was a client visiting the office and they were being shown round at the same time someone was eating a fish supper at their desk 😆

wallop

That’s ridiculous – how hard is it to say “oh hey guys, we’ve got a client visit today. Would it be ok if you stayed off the hot food for today? Thanks!”

andytherocketeer

too blimmin’ right banning KFC
    rank stuff and stinks
    eat it in the canteen if you really must buy that spicy grease

only tried it once. chundered it back up. think that was for the best tbh.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Kenyucky fried gristle is counted as food?

Coyote
    Free Member

KFC should be banned from the desk. There are few “foods” as rank and greasy as KFC.

patriotpro
    Free Member

There must be some sort of discrimination going on with that rule…Where are the do-gooders when you actually need em…

On a side-note, KFC gravy reminds me of the bowl of dripping we constantly had in the fridge as a kid, tastes bloody lovely tho.

doh
    Free Member

first they came for the kfc
    and I didn’t speak out because I don’t eat kfc

then they came for the maccy d’s
    and I didn’t speak out because I don’t eat macdonalds

then they came for the muesli
    and everyone cheered because they didn’t like the beardy sandle wearing cyclists

it’s a slippery slope I tell you

cookeaa

We’ve got two microwaves in the office one has a post-it on the front saying “Non-Fish Microwave” as one of the arsier members of staff has a severe (possibly affected) disdain for the smell of seafood…

Some people are just so bloody fussy and think the rest of the workplace should share their out of proportion OCD issues with food…

This simply makes me more determined to bring in mackerel, sardines and smoked salmon as often as I can. I’m also tempted to put a “Vegan only” label on the other Microwave, or better yet “Raw foodists only”…

Best advice would be, get out of the office at lunch time if you can, sounds like its a bit of a nightmare anyway…

CountZero

Lol @ doh! Excellent work. 😆

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Lol seconded @ doh 😀

br
    Free Member

Cool. Tell them you need a canteen/café/room etc.

RustySpanner

No hot food?

Egg sandwiches for a week.
    That’ll help them to reconsider.

stu170
    Free Member

1 eating at desks in the office is just plain wrong. Take half hour and chill out.
    2 ban on hot food is ridiculous. I would kicking off about that.
    3 glad I have a nice crew room with all the food cooking stuff I need. One lad was grilling some chicken up earlier. Smelt amazing

Drac

Employers have to provide a way to heat food so not sure how they can do a hot food ban.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Even the queen and prime minister take lunch, what the hell are you doing in your sad little offices that means that you can’t possibly leave your grubby little desks for a break and some sustenance? it must be VERY important.

tomhoward

While we have a kitchen, there isn’t any room for tables and chairs, so if we want to sit while we eat, we have to do it at our desks.

Of course we have loads of meeting rooms that never get used, but you know, people wouldn’t be able to work if they ate lunch in there….

tthew

what the hell are you doing in your sad little offices that means that you can’t possibly leave your grubby little desks for a break and some sustenance? it must be VERY important.

Generally smurfing Singletrack forum as I drop crumbs from my butties into my keyboard.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Employers have to provide a way to heat food so not sure how they can do a hot food ban

I’m not sure this is correct, they have to provide somewhere to eat but not sure they have to provide anything for heating food.

andyl
    Free Member

I quite agree with a complete no food at desks policy.

People eating can be annoying for other people in the office who are working.

You get crumbs etc all over your work desk, PC etc

People sit on social networking sites which rots their brains and they probably get all wound up about something pointless which means they can’t concentrate and spend the whole afternoon texting

People should be forced to take a break away from the desk and consume their meal away from work.

etc etc

Oh and have you seen the office desk/PC keyboard germ images? 😯

cruzcampo
    Free Member

KFC is absolute filth, i’d rage if people started stinking the office out with it LOL!

IanW
    Free Member

We all eat at our desks, we also don’t wear helmets or hi viz.

So far so good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Food banned from office’ is closed to new replies.