Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Food banned from office
  • edward2000
    Free Member

if people are gonna smoke in the office, I’m gonna do meth.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

heavyman
    Free Member

Just eat the food at the KFC!

samuri
    Free Member

I’d ban KFC because it’s absolutely vile. How people can stick that filth in their mouths is beyond me.

I’d never eaten any KFC, ever. Then, late one night we were very late home, very tired and my son suggested we call in at KFC for tea so I agreed and we ate it sat in the car.

One mouthful later and I threw my guts up in the carpark. It was more disgusting than bovril and fish mixed together.

freddyg
    Free Member

Mmmmmm… bovril and fish. Nomnomnom.

Cougar

If it doesn’t smell, eat it where you like. If it smells, eat it in the canteen / kitchen. In either case, clean up after yourself.

Really not difficult, this one.

piemonster

http://www.kfcmademesick.com

It’s on the web, so 100% fact based.

project
    Free Member

When i was doing my apprenticeship was told i could only drink 1 of my 4 pints of milk a shift during tea breaks.

Then when i went to work in the great NHS, they had just got a new manager, who recinded the rule of no kettles in departments, bring a flask or go to the canteen fotr a cup of tea.

A ocal police station, theyre not allowed kettles need to use the communal tea machine 1 per floor , no food only in canteen,

Drac

who recinded the rule of no kettles in departments, bring a flask or go to the canteen fotr a cup of tea.

A ocal police station, theyre

And this kids is why eating food at your keyboard is a bad idea, it causes the crumbs to get trapped under keys and difficult to press.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

As I recall things, the Employer must provide the means to make a hot drink. If hot food is available nearby there is no requirement to provide means to heat food. Eating place away from desk is only required where the desk is in an area “visited” by the public. Otherwise, eating at the desk is the norm, though not best practice. I don’t think “food” is defined so it may even apply to KFC:-)

Does your Employer provide an oven and/or an eating area?

Drac

There needs to be an area for eating that does not include you desk.

brakes
    Free Member

what the hell are you doing in your sad little offices that means that you can’t possibly leave your grubby little desks for a break and some sustenance

earning a crust…
    if I eat at my desk, and work through lunch it means I can leave work earlier and get home to see my son before he goes to bed.
    time poverty is rife.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Tell them you need it as part of your religion, they’ll soon cave in and let you have your own way…

benji
    Free Member

I don’t get why anyone would want to buy their food in a bucket, animals are fed from buckets not humans.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

A woman in my office ran out screaming the day that someone had heated up some fish in the microwave…….she was of her tits on Champix at the time which might explain things

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m struggling to understand how KFC can be so vile it makes you puke.

It’s chicken, and batter. I can’t see what’s wrong with either of those things. Ok so you get the odd bit of fatty skin in it, but that’s no different to roast chicken.

Employers have to provide a way to heat food

Unless there’s a canteen, I assume?

molgrips
    Free Member

what the hell are you doing in your sad little offices that means that you can’t possibly leave your grubby little desks for a break and some sustenance

Getting my hours in so I can go home earlier and see my family.

samuri
    Free Member

Chicken and batter, fine. The colonels secret sauce, vile. Whatever he puts in it, tastes like knob cheese stirred into an old chip pan.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m struggling to understand how KFC can be so vile it makes you puke.

It’s chicken, and batter. I can’t see what’s wrong with either of those things. Ok so you get the odd bit of fatty skin in it, but that’s no different to roast chicken

^^^
    as above KFC is a bit greasy but its just fried chicken if you find that revolting you should see what people have to eat to survive.
    It isnt the greatest food but there are much worse such as most premade sandwiches

tang
    Free Member

Today my place of work served smoked trout, stuffed peppers(rice and mushroom) pots with butter, salad and brownie for desert. All grown on site, including the trout and freshly cooked. Plus it’s free to employees.

aracer
    Free Member

Even the queen and prime minister take lunch, what the hell are you doing in your sad little offices that means that you can’t possibly leave your grubby little desks for a break and some sustenance? it must be VERY important.

Eating whilst I do work, so that I can go training in my lunch break.

brooess
    Free Member

KFC should be banned on the basis it’s not got any nutrition in it, and is therefore useless as food! Very good at making you fat tho, if that’s what you want to be

Jamie
    Free Member

if people are gonna smoke in the office, I’m gonna do meth.

If people are going to smoke meth in the office, then I am going to….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2giBAfDOGw[/video]

Drac

Unless there’s a canteen, I assume?

Yup or hot food nearby.

john_drummer
    Free Member

lunch is for wimps

somebody had to say it 😉

dandax1990
    Free Member

I see the issue here… You work in an office.

I however, work in a steel/titanium extrusion. Were allowed to cook pizzas and stuff in the dye oven.

One bloke did get a verbal warning once though for cooking eggs in a frying pan which was laid on top of one of the titanium bars whilst it was heating up.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Confession time, My knees go weak for the zinger burgers, towered.

maxray
    Free Member

I’m with you there dandax :$

zokes
    Free Member

The colonels secret sauce, vile. Whatever he puts in it, tastes like knob cheese stirred into an old chip pan.

Tell me, what caused you to try knob cheese stirred into an old chip pan so that you could compare the two?

bearnecessities

Hungry? Supercharger Burger & double fries. Nom*

Agree their chicken pieces are fairly inedible.

*Followed by bloated chicken sweats.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Week one, day one of apprenticeship,

Bend a tig rod back on forth on itself to make a heating element. Put one end into the stick welding torch. Arc it onto the bench on low juice.

Make toast.

scaredypants

Confession time, My knees go weak for the zinger burgers

😀

towered.

👿

Jamie
    Free Member

Tell me, what caused you to try knob cheese stirred into an old chip pan so that you could compare the two?

I’m assuming alcohol and boredom.

Drac

The sex cup was full.

samuri
    Free Member

Hey, we’ve all tasted knob cheese.

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess that’s why they’ve sold out then…

tomhoward

KFC should be banned on the basis it’s not got any nutrition in it, and is therefore useless as food! Very good at making you fat tho, if that’s what you want to be

Shirley, you must know that the above statement is utter bullshit?

DrJ

Reading STW, I assume

brakes
    Free Member

would anyone admit to liking the bucket chicken?
    I like a tower burger every now and then, but I’ve had the bucket chicken once and it was utterly disgusting. Given that I was half cut at the time, I dread to think what it would taste like sober.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Here’s a summary of the rules Welfare Regs

Seems the desk is OK providing it’s big enough, not good is it?

BoardinBob

KFC chips are rank, I’ll give you that, but a Zinger Tower is awesome. It’s got a hash brown in it for god’s sake. Hash browns make anything absolutely turbo awesome.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Food banned from office’ is closed to new replies.