Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Folk in the Cardiff area – recommend me somewhere to live
  • SaxonRider

Plus, Canton is home to the Bike Shed, which is the best LBS ever (pace molgrips 😉 )

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I live in Roath cannot recommend highly enough
    we regularly walk into the city centre, we have great neighbours and community; amazing restaurants and shops
    I ride out to Castell Coch / Garf / Caerphilly in 30mins
    2 mins to A48 / M4 too

I lived in London for 20 years and when we moved back we looked at North Cardiff and surrounding vale villages etc and although lovely we wanted a bit more of a cultural mix hence Roath

davidjey
    Free Member

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!!!!!!!!!

For the resurrectee: I moved to Whitchurch in Dec 2012. It suits us down to the ground – nice high street with a couple of nice pubs, all the shops you need, easy to get into town by bike/car/bus. For MTB, Taff trail to Tongwynlais and as much riding as you can shake a stick at.

All of that applies to Llandaff North as well really – you’re just a tiny bit closer to town, a tiny bit further from the country, and artisan organic pesto-infused bread is a little harder to come by 😉

Since this thread has been resurrected – anyone in the area fancy meeting up for jey-xc-mince-lite? I ride with Ajax pretty regular but have yet to find any other roadies who ‘cross over’ as it were.

molgrips
    Free Member

I will do at some point. Do you do lunchtime or evenings? SaxonRider may be dragged out too at some point I think 🙂

SaxonRider

I can indeed be dragged.

I am around a bit more now, molgrips, if you’re not off to London. Perhaps an evening this week or next?

molgrips
    Free Member

Hah, now I’m away until Weds evening! Thurs and Fri are on though.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Folk in the Cardiff area – recommend me somewhere to live’ is closed to new replies.