Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Folding Saw
  • l45key
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a folding saw for carrying out on the trails.

Anyone got one? Which one would you recommend?

Cheers

Kuco

Silky is king of the folding saw. Got one and highly recommend them even use them at work.

T1000
    Free Member

small d saw if your camelbacks big enough £5 at B&Q

jam-bo

i had quite a nice wilkinson sword one.

i left it in the woods somewhere and the pixes stole it.

i think it’ll have to be a silky next….

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I use a Felco for work and play. Try
    http://www.performance-felco.co.uk
    I got some spares from them recently.

Richie_B

Bought a hand chainsaw from a very scarry website (The sort you could kit your car and house entirely in dispersal pattern kit from (although attempting to eat with some of the knives would lead to jail time of a&E)). Can’t fault it, it packs up to nothing, small cuts through big and small stuff eaily, and with the aid of a couple of spanners tied to the end of a climbing rope enables you to do minor tree surgery from ground level (OK it was a bit over the top to get our oldest kid’s frizbee down but it won’t get stuck there again). Amazingly after 3 years mis-use and storage in a camelbak it is still as sharp as when I bought it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bahco Laplander is excellent. I’ve cut up to 4 or 5 inches in diameter with it. Dont buy Gerber ones. Blades are made from the same material Wriggleys Spearmint gum comes wrapped in.

z1ppy

The Laplander, if it’s good enough for Ray…

The laplander normally gets a good review on here, it’s what I’ll buy when I damage or loose my Wilkinson sword one (which is ok, but the blade is very thin, so bends if you try to force it).

sharki
    Free Member

Laplander is good, just get something coated and two way cutting teeth..ie not just a pull saw…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Folding Saw’ is closed to new replies.