• This topic has 63 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • FOG!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Pretty grim on the way to work this morning. Didn’t fancy being the lad on the road bike all in black with the shittest non flashy rear lights I’ve seen in a while 😯
    The traffic was similarly grim!

ads678

I didn’t fancy it this morning and got the bus instead of cycling!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Some people seemed determined to extract themselves from the gene pool

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I saw (only just) a bloke on a bike with no lights on a unlit country road last night, you struggled to see anything due to the fog, nutter 😯

scaled
    Free Member

Decided to bust out the MaxxD on the bars of the road bike this morning with my mtb lid with joystick/redeye combo, plus two rear lights on the bike.

twas like the blackpool illuminations

racefaceec90

i live in devizes (near to salisbury plain).if you have read the fog by james herbert you start to worry (it’s very foggy here/luckily not a glowing fog).

nickc

Foggy here in West Yorks, but sun’s out so, it’ll probably burn off.

Flaperon

“Quickly, Mabel. Switch on the fog lights!”

When I’m running the world, fog lights will be banned.

zippykona

I’m in bed with tea and biscuits.
    You can’t be too safe.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Need a good method of treating riding glasses so they don’t bead with moisture.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Didn’t see the sun yesterday. Proper thick all day and never lifted.

Looked the same this morning until I got to work, where there is no fog at all.

oldejeans
    Free Member

http://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

I’ll be keeping an eye on this throughout today

andytherocketeer

nearly crashed in to a shadow the other night. really cannot believe how many are dressed head to toe in black, and think to themselves “oh, I’ll just run in front of this car, else I’ll miss my tram”. pedestrians are worst. at least the most unilluminated cyclist dressed all in black might have a reflector somewhere on the bike.
    proper foggy here all day yesterday and today

crazy-legs

Stunning temperature inversion yesterday, it was beautiful. I’m guessing it’s the same today as well, started out at mine in reasonable conditions but as I dropped down into town, the fog just got thicker and thicker.

I had two front lights and fortunately one of my rear lights has some sort of insane daylight visible mode so I put that on instead of its regular flash mode.

That worked. 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nice sunny morning here today, I even got a tan on the beach yesterday.

scotroutes

Yep 13c and cloudless skies here at the moment

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m on the 2nd floor, cant even see the ground!

Which is unusual, usually the heat and turbulance from traffic on the M4 is enough to lift it.

Walked in, and almost got run down by some bint on the school run running a red light at a crossing.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I passed a cyclist with a death wish too near Harrogate. Head to toe in black no lights

bails

“What are you doing this morning dear?”

“Oh, it’s 7:30am, I think I’ll take the dark grey car out for a drive in the fog”

“That sounds nice, will you putting any lights on?”

“No, I don’t see why I’d need them…”
    👿

And I reckon 50% of people who use their foglights when it’s foggy enough to warrant them are the people who use their foglights all the blaady time, stopped clock, and all that.

DezB
    Free Member

“Quickly, Mabel. Switch on the fog lights!”

When I’m running the world, fog lights will be banned.

I went out in a slight mist last night. Was overtaken by at least 3 cars going about 85mph with fog lights on. Safety first an all that! 😆

ps. how actually thick are these people?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

At least all the crap drivers will be more visable for the next few weeks as they drive around oblivious to the big orange light on their dash!

jekkyl

love the fog when cycling off road, nice and atmospheric through the forest, shame I’m at work 🙁

D0NK

Walked in, and almost got run down by some bint on the school run running a red light at a crossing.

Well from reading other posts here it seems that if you weren’t bedecked in hi viz with a few led lights too then it would all have been you’re own fault anyway. 🙄

It’s foggy, everyone watch where you’re going mmmkay?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It’s great off-road.

Left the road bike home though.

andy8442
    Free Member

Whats with these new”running lights” on the front only? Stupid people driving around with only front lights on!

Saying that…..I suppose these people are so thick, they normally wouldn’t have any lights on at all.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well from reading other posts here it seems that if you weren’t bedecked in hi viz with a few led lights too then it would all have been you’re own fault anyway.

Only if you are trying to be a dick about it. She ran a red light, how’s that his fault?

nickc

very. Drove down the A1/M1 yesterday in and out of thick and thin-ish fog all the way, the amount of folk in cars with no lights on, or doing 85 in the outside lane tailgating the car in front…

deathwish

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dodged a large section of the m1 yesterday. However ended up on the m18. Polar opposite to the fog, it was about 4 ish and the sun was low and ridiculously bright. Brought the whole motorway to a 20mph three lane crawl.

D0NK

She ran a red light, how’s that his fault?

only coz she couldn’t see tinas in his ninja/shadow outfit. How are drivers supposed to see things that aren’t fluoro yellow and lit up!!!1!!

Molgrips as I’m sure you’re aware I was criticizing the darwinism/deathwish posts* not tinas himself.

*Only a week since clock change and there’s already been loads.

crazy-legs

Dad presses fog lights button as if deploying spy weapon

Suddenly having a change of conditions (“OMG, it’s DARK!!”) just leads to a complete meltdown in most people’s ability to drive.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Patchy over the moor here, nearly hit a few of the black cattle that decided to take to the road after dark, mooooove!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Absolute cracker of a road ride very early yesterday morning in the Hampshire hills, stunning thick fog and that gentle mist forming on my arms and legs. I loved it, proper Autumn in the Downs right there. I did have fluro on and lights TBF so all you pointy finger waggers back off 😆

Last night though, on the M25, coming back into town and it was a blaze with rear fog lights, some a sooooo darn bright. I swear they’ve replaced old bulbs with frikkin layzers these days. A few sections did need it TBH, but after an hour and a half driving I’d had quite enough of my retinas melting… 😛

whatgoesup

Saw loads of sidelight-only cars on the way in this morning – mostly barely visible glimmers.

What kind of logic leads a driver to choose sidelights when the goal is extra visibility?

boltonjon

Spent 90mins on the M25 last night in wonder at peoples driving ability.

Leaving a good sized gap to the car in front appears to be an invitation to undertake and then fill the aforementioned gap…..and then stand on the brakes as soon as they see someone else braking

Retards

billysugger
    Free Member

I had to squint for ages to make out the ‘Pay Attention. FOG’ signs on the motorway this morning

breatheeasy
    Free Member

very. Drove down the A1/M1 yesterday in and out of thick and thin-ish fog all the way, the amount of folk in cars with no lights on, or doing 85 in the outside lane tailgating the car in front…

People don’t turn lights on and off these days, they just leave them in the ‘automatic’ setting all the time. The problem is that the sensors don’t seem to recognise fog.

Drac

The problem is that the sensors don’t seem to recognise fog.

Ermmm! Yes they do.

jeffl

Yep was just about to say. Driving around in the fog and the auto lights on my car didn’t register a drop in ambient light levels so didn’t turn on. Have to manually turn them on, which is fine if you have half a brain, realise the problem and remember to turn them on.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Ermmm! Yes they do.

Ermm, no they don’t – see above. Yours might. Nissans certainly don’t. And I suspect many others either.

ads678

I accidentally put my lights in the automatic bit when I picked my car up. It was very foggy and my wife said when we got home that I didn’t have any lights on, she was following me home. I’ve never used the automatic setting again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘FOG!!’ is closed to new replies.