Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Carbon CC / Exotic rigid forks
  • richmtb

Hi folks

Has anyone got any experience of these?

I’m looking to add a bit of zip to my commuter which is an old M4 Stumpjumper with slick tyres. I’m currently running a 100mm Reba locked out on it and it seems pointless dragging round a suspension fork.

Do I just pick the fork length that matches my Axle to Crown length (assuming I want similar handling too) ?

wwaswas

they’re good forks.

Try and match the sagged a-c fork length the frame was designed for – it’s nice to have a decently quick steering response on road. But if you like how it is now then just match the reba.

Northwind

I had a set, carbon legs with metal steerer… Really good. Strong, sensible weight. Pretty flexy, which I really don’t care about in a rigid but some people might I suppose? They’d be my first choice, anyway.

andyg1966

I’ve got a pair for sale of my old Stumpy commuter, will send a photo if interested. Steerer should be long enough.

blader1611
    Free Member

I have had 2 sets of these and they were bang on, cant fault them in any way.

DanW
    Free Member

They were great for me 😀

MrGreedy

They’re excellent, light (but not worryingly so), and very good value. I’ve had them on my Whippet for a couple of years, will be doing Kielder on them soon too assuming no-one dissuades me

richmtb

I’ve got a pair for sale of my old Stumpy commuter, will send a photo if interested. Steerer should be long enough.

Thanks andyg drop me a PM with a photo, that would be great

jairaj

Highly recommended from me. Had a set for a while now, started of life as a rigid MTB being bumped about in the local woods. Now on hacked together commuter bike. Supposed to be the same as some other branded fork costing far more but can’t remember which one it was.

alexpalacefan

+1, great forks

APF

andyg1966

Thanks andyg drop me a PM with a photo, that would be great

Will probably be tomorrow since I’m out on the bike tonight 😀

scotroutes

Pretty much perfect. I’ve had them on an El Mariachi and then my Burls Ti. Comfy, light, good finish.

Northwind

Is that still my old ones Scotroutes?

globalti
    Free Member

I had new Rebas on my hardtail Global and they leaked oil continually so I sent them back. Bought some eXotic carbon forks and liked them so much that when the Rebas came back I sold them. The carbon forks are so smooth riding that you only miss suspension on steps.

matty456
    Free Member

I’ve got a set on my OO inbred 29er. Found them brilliant. Yes they are a bit flexy on the rough stuff but solid and 100% reliable since I’ve had them. Great for bikepacking and would be great for commuting too.

scotroutes

Indeed!

thenorthwind

Massively long shot: I’m after one of these with a 1″ steerer if anyone has one they don’t need

andyg1966

richmtb : PM sent

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Carbon CC / Exotic rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.