• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • FoD Verderer's Trail – OPEN
  • thefod
    Free Member

Now officially open

“Widely aclaimed as the best new trail in Britain, the Verderer’s incorporates fast, flowing flat out corners, big berms and rollovers. Graded blue, but with some tricky challenges, the trail gently winds uphill before a swooping, flat top section and a brilliant descent on the Dragon’s Tail”

http://thefod.co.uk/#/verderers-trail/4550017489

Dogsby

I had the opportunity to go round the trail and really enjoyed it. I took my 9yr old and he managed all of it and was uber chuffed and now likes ‘downhill stuff’. I was clearly going at his speed but hung back on a few sections and went a bit quicker and it was really enjoyable, swoopy and turny. Sadly the cafe was shut and the bacon sandwich to which I had been promising my boy did not materialise.

Dogsby

toons
    Free Member

That looks fun

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s a great bit of trail, I really like the last bit (haven’t rode it all yet). It reminds me of cannock’s monkey ending, but with more berms and opportunities to get a bit of air 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looks ace.

franki
    Free Member

Will give it a go next time I’m down that way. 🙂

ART

Took a spin round this the other day. Good work all round peeps. Ideal training loop/ way to explore the forest with kids/ link up bits etc and the downhills bits all flow well and get [much 😀 ]better with speed. That last section is going to get well used!

r6ymy
    Free Member

Rode sections of it last Sunday, really good trail and a great addition to the forest, look forward to riding all of it now that it’s officially open.

Dancake
    Free Member

Its Brilliant!

Mega grins on the last section.

edit. Must learn how to handle 4 successive rollers at speed – nearly had a heart attack on the last section. Pumped the first one and got successively worse until i almost did the last one with my chest on the bars 🙂

thefod
    Free Member

Has anyone got a gps route of the Verderers trail yet that they can provide us for the website?
    Our gps devise has died with all data lost. Doh!

thanks
    Ant.
    admin@thefod.co.uk

amt27
    Free Member

so the downhill on the verderers trail is a red route now? bit naughty isn’t it, plenty of red downhill runs in sallowvallet already,

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Did the last bit yesterday crazily fast and so smooth.Mind there were people on it no helmets etc.Going to end in tears for some down there.Excellent bit to end on sometimes.Still cant beat the Dowies etc.Trail looks to be popular which is a good thing.

thefod
    Free Member

All diversions are now finished on the Verderers and Freeminer trails . So enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend riding in the FoD.

snaps
    Free Member

Is there still a problem with MX bikes on the trails?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just the odd one as alwsy. Wouldn’t say it was a problem.

mboy
    Free Member

Rode the trail twice this week. Very pleased with it, for a manmade trail its remarkably good fun with a few technical twists to it. For a “blue” though, it’s definitely more challenging in places than you’d imagine. Worth noting that a total newbie might still feel slightly out of their depth on the last descent and perhaps a couple of other bits, but overall it’s a good introduction to trail riding for most, and a good introduction to the FoD.

Oh and Doughies is riding ridiculously fast at the moment, or at least it was when it was still dry! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘FoD Verderer's Trail – OPEN’ is closed to new replies.