Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FoD trails
  • ndg
    Free Member

I’ve been hearing good things about the forest of dean blue and fancy doing a few laps on it, but are there any other trails nearby to make it worth the trek down from the Midlands? Marked/unmarked are fine.

N.

mattsccm
    Free Member

You might struggle to find new stuff after a few days. I still find new stuff and I have lived here all my life.
    Plenty to do.

ndg
    Free Member

I was planning a day trip, so shouldn’t be a problem!

Are these other trails all accessed from the same area?

Thanks

SOAP
    Free Member

Was there yesterday and a lot of smiles were had.
    Great fun 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

Pay your blood money to the FC at the cycle centre and follow the motorway signs round the blue. Then go for a 2nd run and deviate a bit. You will get the hang of it. Keep deviating until home time. Down means you are heading back to the car. Don’t cross tarmac and that will always work. Easy. Go quietly. The deer are rutting and you can hear the bucks shouting Creep up on them. Good pics. The piggies are in amongst the acorns as well. Take a camera.

Rickos
    Free Member

From the car park at Pedalabikeaway there’s the Verderers (new blue run; 7 miles), Freeminers (old FODCA trail I think; 3 or 4 miles?) and all the downhill runs lead back to the car park too.

As Matt says, for other stuff, follow some tyre tracks and don’t cross any roads and you can’t go wrong.

cheers_drive

don’t cross any roads and you can’t go wrong
    I’ve been to FOD several times but always followed others including a few road crossings so yesterday after doing a loop of the blue I decided to try with the aid of the breadcrumb view on my Garmin 500 to do some of the other trails. It all went well until the first road was crossed and then I got immediately lost. Once back on the other side of the road navigating the off piste stuff was much easier.
    FOD is not the easiest place to navigate

ndg
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, I shall try and get down there at the end of this week then when I’m back on British soil…..

phutphutend

Blue is a a boring, smooth, souless slog. I really don’t understand all of the hype around it. I was thouroughly bored the whole way down. Even the bermed and rollered downhills aren’t that exciting.

Just head up the hill and ride the downhills. They’re not that difficult.

amt27
    Free Member

Enduro track is accessed from the same area, http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/ for gps info.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FoD trails’ is closed to new replies.